Location: 600 Lake Road, Belton, TX, USA
Head Tigershark Coach
Seeking a Head Swim Team Coach to join our established and successful Tigersharks Swim Team in Belton, Texas. The Belton Tigersharks Swim Team is a USA Swim Club located in Belton, Texas about 45 minutes north of Austin. The team currently has 84 swimmers, three assistant coaches, and plenty of opportunity to grow and build the program.
The Roy and Jean Potts Belton Swim Center is an indoor facility comprised of an 8 lane – 25 yard competition pool and a 3 lane – 25 yard therapy/practice pool. The facility hosts several meets per year, and is equipped with Colorado Timing System and electronic scoreboard.
The Tigershark Swim Team is owned and operated by Belton ISD. Within the larger Belton ISD community, the Head Tigershark Coach will report to the Natatorium Director and the Athletic Director. The Head Coach will have an office space at the Natatorium and will not teach in the classroom.
- Oversee a comprehensive, year round training program for the Tigershark swim team; to include designation of practice groups, time standards to move groups, handbook of policies, and communication plan.
- Be approachable and visible to all club members and all swim team families.
- Bring an enthusiastic and energetic approach to each and every practice.
- Develop strong, lasting relationships with all swimmers on the team.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and supervising all assistant coaches.
- Develop and lead weekly coaches meetings.
- Attend weekly aquatic staff meetings.
- Develop methods to track swimmers progress throughout the season.
- Develop a comprehensive training program for all levels of swimmers and club team participants.
- Keep current with research in aquatics related areas.
- Assist the Natatorium Director with aquatic programming and pool maintenance.
- Assist the lifeguards and facility staff with the enforcement of pool rules and in helping lap swimmers find lanes available to them.
- Assist with the development and marketing of all Aquatics programs.
- Attend and assist running Aquatics special events and conducted at our facility as needed.
- Assist with the promotion of the swim team both within the club (flyers, bulletin boards, swim instructor bios, signage on deck during lessons, member newsletter) and outside the club (website content, posting flyers, Community Fairs).
- Attend competitive swim meets and assist assistant coaches with meet entries via Team Unify.
- Coordinate billing and membership via Team Unify.
- Maintain the Tigershark Team Unify site with up to date information.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification (AED, CPR, First Aid) or Coaches Water Safety and AED/CPR and First Aid.
- ASCA Level 3 certified or above. Preferably Level 4 or 5.
- Current USA Swimming certified coach.
- Extensive experience working with children and teenagers.
- Strong background in competitive swimming.
- Must have at least two years of supervisory experience
- Must have knowledge and experience using Team Unify and Colorado Timing Systems.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong service orientation and attitude; the ability to provide members, guests and staff with exceptional service in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations.
- Enthusiastic, responsible and team-oriented.
- Salary Commensurate with experience: $50,000+
- Full benefits and health insurance.
- TRS Retirement
- Paid holidays and vacation days.
- Meet travel paid for by Belton ISD.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email resume to Natatorium Director [email protected]et and apply online at www.bisd.net.