Applications due 07/30/22
Date posted: July 21, 2022
Location: Pikeville, KY, USA
The University of Pikeville is seeking a dynamic and creative Head Swimming Coach interested in the continued development and growth of the University’s swim program. This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated and accomplished professional to join a progressive athletics team and innovative university environment. The position will manage and oversee the swim team, in accordance with University of Pikeville, Mid-South Conference, and NAIA regulations. This position must have a commitment to the philosophy of providing a competitive NAIA program that emphasizes integrity and the educational welfare of its student-athletes and supports the direction of the University.
- Management and supervision of athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, leadership, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Recruitment and Retention of Student-Athletes.
- Collaborate with faculty and key leaders on campus to support the academic success of student athletes.
- Participate in the recruitment and scouting process of all prospective swimmers.
- Assist in scheduling and conducting all practice sessions and games, both home and away.
- Oversee graduate assistant coaches, managers, volunteers, and work-study students to direct their duties.
- Manage and maintain all swim facilities.
- Facilitate fundraising for the team’s budget and facilities.
- The management of budget, supplies, and equipment.
- Organize and oversee travel arrangements.
- Work in cooperation with the sports medicine or athletic training staff in the rehabilitation and strengthening of injured athletes.
- Facilitate a collaborative relationship among sport coaches, sports medicine, the strength and conditioning staff, and other university departments.
- Communicates with parents and the Parent Connections Office on-campus on the success of students and activities.
- Display a committed effort to understanding and promoting the University’s mission.
- Complete and maintain all necessary office work.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position requires daily contact with coaches, student athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, and staff in order to communicate information about the athletics program at the University of Pikeville. In addition, the position requires collaboration with the Family Connections Office on-campus to communicate and engage current families or prospective families. These relationships are maintained through e-mail, telephone, and person-to-person contact. The UPIKE swim program should identify, foster, and support a culture of excellence. Our coaches inspire faculty, staff, students, and our surrounding community. They should model integrity, leadership, and transparency across campus. The Head Swim Coach must collaborate on a plan to build bridges with key offices across campus including but not limited to: Student Affairs, Student Success, Conduct/Discipline, Public Safety, Admissions, and the Business Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level is required.
- Recruiting experience is also required.
- Previous experience managing budgets is preferred.
- Familiarity with editing products and equipment is also preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Must have experience working with office equipment, e.g. computer, fax machine, copier, and telephone.
- Must be familiar with conducting research on the Web, as well as creating online travel arrangements.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to travel.
The University of Pikeville offers a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. UPIKE offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, telemedicine, long-term disability, tuition waivers, a 403(b)-retirement plan, and HSA, FSA, & dependent care accounts.
Important Notes: Resume and other application materials will be reviewed to determine if you meet the required qualifications for the position. If it is determined that you meet the required qualifications, your application materials will be used to identify a top group of the most highly qualified candidates. Please, specifically address the qualifications, competencies and desired qualifications in your resume and application materials.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current resume, and the contact information for three to five professional references.