Applications due 09/24/21
Date posted: September 22, 2021
Location: 280 Central Ave, Fredonia, NY, USA
Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation plus comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance and retirement plan options including a fixed pension plan or a 401(A) with generous employer contributions;
- Paid leave provisions including vacation, sick and holiday leave; impressive educational benefits including tuition-free study plus supplemental tuition aid;
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance the quality of their personal life, including professional development programs and services, employee EAP and wellness programs, discounted membership to the on-campus fitness center, and access to the Campus and Community Child Care Center.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the head coach will discharge the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division III men’s and women’s swimming & diving program. This will include recruiting and retention of student-athletes, practice and meet preparation and coaching, supervision and mentoring of part-time assistant coaches, budgeting, fundraising, planning and supervising all team travel, and alumni relations.
- Oversee and supervise pool facility and lifeguards, to include scheduling of lifeguards.
- Teach courses in Lifeguarding, based upon requests from the Registrar.
- Mentor and coach student-athletes and assist student-athletes in the development of swimming skills and an understanding of swimming strategies necessary to succeed.
- Assist with sourcing and hire of a diving coach to facilitate rebuild of competitive diving program.
- Demonstrate a commitment to maintaining compliance with NCAA, SUNYAC and Fredonia rules and regulations.
- Participate in committees and provide service to the Department, University, and Profession.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Demonstrated record of successful participation, coaching and recruiting in the sport of swimming
- Demonstrated high level of motivation with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated willingness and ability, to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and work with student employees
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and the needs of diverse faculty, staff, students, and university community
- Willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues for program growth and enhancement
- Possess current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification or ability to immediately obtain
- Valid state driver’s license
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Prior experience coaching at the NCAA Division III level
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall apply and submit the required documents listed below by clicking here. Complete applications received by Sept. 24, 2021 will be given full consideration. Names and contact information for three professional references are required as part of the application.
- Cover Letter
- The names of three professional references
Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload the additional, required documents.