Date posted: December 7, 2020
Location: 46650 Landing Parkway, Fremont, CA, USA
Under the direction of the Regional Aquatics Director, the Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year-round USA swim team, coaching upper-level athletes, providing oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide coaching for year-round USA swim team and oversight to all the swim teams and stroke schools
- Present on deck during all team practices
- Coaches upper-level athletes and provides specific and corrective feedback to each athlete at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding sessions and workouts
- Integrate new swimmers into swim team and stroke school programs
- Provide feedback to help parents decide which program is best for their child and client retention
- Maintain accurate, current records on all clients’ progress
- Follow swim school progression guidelines
- Conduct regular staff meeting with other coaches
- Enforce all pool rules and aquatics center and club policies
- Plan, organize and run swim meets, including submitting entries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent work schedule; arrive punctually for sessions
- Provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- Track attendance of client’s sessions
- Accurately enter and maintain consistent timely records in the required systems for hours worked and sessions
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Assist in the maintenance and cleanliness of the aquatics center
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- May submit billing and accounting for swimmers and program participants
- Order and distribute uniforms and required gear for staff
- Assist with special club projects, events and promotions
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, & EDUCATION
- Current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid – for adult, infant, toddlers
- Current USA Swim Coach Certified
- Understand the current best practices in learn-to-swim skills, competitive swim techniques and childhood development
- Experience teaching Swim Lessons for all ages
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- ASCA III preferred
- Knowledge of Pool Maintenance/Certified Pool Operator preferred
- Ability to teach Lifeguarding/First Aid/AED/CPR preferred
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in Word, Excel and other software required by TBCC.
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are essential.
How to Apply
Email resume to Laszlo Perlaky at [email protected]