Applications due 11/16/18
The Benbrook Community Center YMCA is looking for a new leader to coach the 170 participant Benbrook Barracuda Swim Team and provide general support to the aquatics department. This leader will drive the participant experience by leading the coaching staff and creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for swimmers and their families. The ideal candidate must possess a mix of relationship-building skills with technical knowledge needed to lead the swim team. This leader will need the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community while articulating the Y’s purpose, mission, and demonstrating the Y’s character values.
Education and Experience
- USA Swimming Certified Coaching Credential (preferred).
- High School diploma or GED.
- 2 years’ experience in coaching / aquatics.
- Experience as a supervisor strongly preferred.
- Friendly, outgoing with the ability to relate and communicate well with individuals and the ability to make sound judgments.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and multicultural communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Have high energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail and high degree of initiative.
- Possess excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel. Ability to utilize other YMCA membership programs, such as Daxko and learn new systems as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Manage aquatics programs, enrollments and registrations, marketing of program and member/participant experience. Monitor program usage, check-in and service procedures, cancellations and changes. Ensure the accurate processing and management of program software systems including DAXKO and others.
- Provides direct coaching and instruction to swim team participants on and other coaches, ensuring proper technique and quality coaching.
- Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers participants and parents to other programs.
- Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Track program usage, inquiries, terminations, etc.; prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports and schedules; collect and distribute program evaluations; conduct quality checks and satisfaction surveys.
- Assist with member relations and involvement, complaints and concerns related to the aquatics department. Responsible for new program sign-ups, and program needs. May process financial assistance requests.
- Assist with the hiring, training, scheduling and supervision of staff. Attend regular staff meetings and assist as needed. Ensure program requirements are enforced.
- Assist with promoting program awareness through publications, marketing materials and member promotion programs. Participate in community/facility events.
- Assist with fundraising and special event efforts; serve as a staff liaison for fundraising team. Provide staff leadership for branch special events.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Jacquelyn Kotar, [email protected], 817-249-0500.
1899 Winscott Rd