Applications due 03/28/20
Date posted: November 30, 2020
Location: 426 Bridge Street, Westbrook, ME, USA
The Westbrook Seals Swim Club is looking for an energetic and team-driven Head Swim Coach to join our vibrant community. The Head Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching our year-round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning and training environment while focusing on the fulfillment of our members’ swimming goals and achieving team revenue goals. The Head Swim Coach will also be responsible for hiring, developing, and directing all coaching staff and will be expected to facilitate communication between coaching staff, swimmers, parents and others critical to the success of our program. The Head Swim Coach will be asked to develop and implement a culture and vision to instill values and skills our swimmers can use both in and out of the pool with an emphasis on excellence, goal setting, development, support, and teamwork.
Currently, the Westbrook Seals Swim Club is a non-profit, board-governed, coach led organization, but we are interested in discussing the option of a coach owned team with the right candidate.
Basic requirements include:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful Head Coach or Assistant Coach experience
- CPR/AED/First Aid and Lifeguard certified
- Experience managing and developing coaching staff
- Proficient in fostering productive relationships with other coaches and Board Members and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within swim and other community-wide areas.
- Showcase a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing aquatics
- Shows integrity and is fair, equitable and ethical in approach.
- Protects confidential information and adheres to policies outlined by USA and Maine Swimming
- Ability to develop and establish a positive, progressive, and winning team-wide culture
- Strong leadership, communication, verbal, and written skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Team Unify and Hy-Tek Management Software
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following information to:
Seals Swimming Club President, Marcy Barrows Scharf at [email protected]:
- Overview of coaching experience
- List of three (3) references with contact information
- Statement of coaching philosophy