Applications due 02/11/23
Date posted: January 21, 2023
Location: 13985 Clubhouse Drive Tampa FL 33618
Carrollwood Village Swim Team Head Swim Coach/Carrollwood Country Club Tennis and Aquatic Center Director
This position has 2 roles, making it a full-time position with dual reporting and job functions.
Compensation from $_65,000__ to $_71,000__/yr commensurate with experience.
Carrollwood Country Club Tennis and Aquatic Center Director
As the TAC Director, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, directing all phases of the TAC with a strong focus on member satisfaction, revenue generation, organization, managing payroll, planning, quality standards, sanitation standards, service delivery, hiring lifeguards and reception staff, accountability and scheduling, program building, swim lesson offerings, TAC presentation, fitness and aquatics equipment assessment, management and oversight of third party “lead” fitness director and perform other duties as assigned. You will be a key liaison in developing and managing the TAC at Carrollwood Country Club.
Benefits are provided through Carrollwood Country Club and include:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance – 1st day of month following a 60-day waiting period
- Six (6) days company paid holidays per year – after 6 months of employment
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – granted one week after 12 month anniversary and beyond
- 401(k) retirement and savings plan – enrollment upon date of hire
- Employee meals
- Playing and practice privileges
The Coach is expected to provide leadership, plan, organize, and be responsible for a comprehensive and competitive year-round swim program as well as present an enthusiastic professional looking Team. This position reports to the Team Board of Directors.
- Monday to Saturday
- Weekend Meets
- Design and implement a training program that enables swimmers to develop and improve their technical skills, build endurance, and orient to competition in an organized, fun, challenging and supportive environment.
- Development of lower-level to elite swimmers, teaching appropriate progressive swimming skills necessary for successful swim meet participation – proper stroke mechanics and breathing, starts, turns, and conditioning through utilization of dryland as well as in water practice time.
- Hire, mentor and supervise assistant coaches; evaluate progress, give constructive feedback, and ensure assistant coaches are fulfilling job functions and making a positive contribution to the team culture and the development of individual swimmers.
- Know, respect and abide by all USA Swimming rules, regulations and policies, and ensure swimmers and assistant coaches do so as well.
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment and team culture. Foster team unity and teach good sportsmanship. Use goal setting to provide direction, enhance motivation, and build confidence. Demonstrate respect and appreciation for both effort and positive results.
- Establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with parents, officials, coaches from other clubs, and Board Members.
- Demonstrate mature judgment, reliability, availability, and ethical behavior including punctuality, confidentiality, positive and constructive feedback, and ability to function in a multi-task environment.
- Assure the operation of a safe and effective aquatic environment.
- Attend all scheduled practices; assist/guide assistant coaches with practice; give instruction and feedback on training and technique.
- Plan each season’s meet and travel schedule consistent with the needs of the team, individual training groups, and athletes and their families.
- Complete meet entries and registrations on time and accurately; meet with assistant coaches and swimmers to make sure swimmers are swimming a variety of events at meets; attend and coach all meets.
- Promptly communicate with swimmers and parents including meet information, results, and feedback.
- Meet with swimmers to discuss goals and progress, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized pool area.
- Attend and participate in all team sponsored social events.
- Responsibly manage team funds and promptly report all budget expenditures.
- Complete all other duties and projects as assigned.
- Passionate about swimming and working with children.
- Five years or more competitive swim coaching experience is required as well as one year or more of head/lead club coaching experience.
- History of coaching kids to Junior Nationals preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of stroke mechanics, strategies, and techniques for competitive swimming.
- Experience and/or degree associated with developmentally appropriate teaching and instructional techniques.
- Strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time-management skills.
- Proficient use of Meet Manager / Team Manager / Team Unify software.
- Current USA-Swimming certifications including SafeSport, Concussion Protocol Training, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Water Safety Instructor, and coaching membership in good standing.
- Current certifications from the Red Cross or other equivalent agency: Lifeguard / First Aid / Adult & Pediatric CPR and AED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Employment is at-will. Either the employee or the organization may terminate the relationship at any time. This position description is not all inclusive and may include other duties as assigned. Carrollwood Village Swim Team is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
For Questions or to Apply:
Please send responses along with current resume, pertinent licenses, certifications, letters of reference to:
CVST Board Member
13985 Clubhouse Drive Tampa FL 33618