Location: Russellville, AR, USA
- Prior experience coaching children.
- The coach must be able to establish and maintain USA Swimming coaching certification.
- Enthusiasm for swimming and the ability to teach and coach the sport effectively.
- Ability to communicate progressions and goals to swimmers and parents.
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and provide constructive feedback.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Attend, organize, develop and run practices. Instruct new and experienced swimmers to improve stroke and technique. Practice for older or experienced swimmers also includes aspects of core work, strength and power, and muscular endurance.
- Create a fun and competitive culture to motivate swimmers to set and achieve swimming goals. Track swimmer progress.
- Support annual USA Swimming registration, recommend long and short course events, oversee individual and team entries for all swim meets. Coach team at these meets.
- Serves as first level contact for parent and participant communication. Communicate effectively between swimmers, parents, and the board.
- Oversee any part-time staff members.
- Support team growth and social events, including recognizing swimmer achievements.
How to Apply
Email résumé to Danya Johnson, RVA Board President, at [email protected]
phone: (479) 264-8111