Date posted: June 15, 2022
Location: 210 East 2nd Street, Claremont, CA, USA
Head Coach – Mt. Baldy Aquatics
Mt. Baldy Aquatics (Pomona College, Claremont, CA)
Mt. Baldy Aquatics (MBA) is seeking an energetic, engaging, motivated, and knowledgeable Head Coach to lead our year-round competitive swim program on the beautiful Pomona College campus. The ideal candidate should provide excellent instruction to swimmers, clear guidance to assistant coaches, and effective collaboration with parents and volunteers. Our team’s main moto is to have FUN and improve on your personal skills every time you get in the pool!
Practice times are flexible between 6:00pm and 8:30pm, Monday through Thursday/Friday, and are held at the Pendleton Pool on the Pomona College campus in Claremont, CA. Weekend meet schedules vary throughout the year. Potential for additional employment with the Pomona-Pitzer swim program.
Required Qualifications Include:
• Must be an active member coach of USA Swimming, Inc. in good standing or able to become an active
member coach of USA Swimming, Inc. by completing the USA Swimming Coaching Membership Requirements
• Be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about competitive swimming.
• Provide training appropriate for swim club members of varying skill levels.
• Foster a nurturing athletic environment for the advancement of each individual member.
• Be the primary instructional coach with the majority of hours spent on deck coaching.
• Provide an environment that is in compliance with all applicable Club, USA Swimming, and Southern
California Swimming regulations, including current Safe Sport policies.
• Prepare and present monthly Coach’s Report at Board Meetings; attend all team Board meetings.
• Be engaged with and support all members of the club whether they seek to compete at high levels of
swimming or simply enjoy swimming as a recreational sport for exercise and health.
• Possess excellent leadership, instructional, and communication skills.
• Competitive swim or previous coaching experience desired.
• Provide supervision and direction of coaching and administrative duties including but not limited to
-Prepare meet entries for all team sanctioned meets.
-Manage the meet calendar and meet results.
-Serve as liaison with the pool management and staff.
-Communicate between coaches, board, parents and athletes regarding training and competition.
-Interact with the Eastern Committee of Southern California Swimming; attend up to one Zoom meeting
-Help grow the club.
How to Apply
Email a resume to Ed or Kara at [email protected]
915 W. Foothill Blvd. Ste C#180
Claremont, CA 91711