Applications due 06/15/20
Location: normal, illinois
Bloomington Normal Swim Club (BNSC) is a year-round competitive swim team offering high-quality professional coaching and technique instruction for all ages and abilities. The goal of our team is to provide every member an opportunity to improve swimming skills and achieve success at his or her level of ability, from novice to international competitor.
All of our coaches, as members of USA Swimming, have access to comprehensive training and certification programs. These memberships, training, and programs provide assurances that the time children spend in swimming will be quality time.
BNSC is a non-profit (501c3) club run by an Executive Board of Directors. All parents are automatically part of the Parent Booster Club which typically meets monthly. The Booster Club is designed to encourage parent involvement, assist in fundraising efforts and help with parent education.
BNSC Mission: To build and maintain a highly successful community-centered competitive swim program using sound business, teaching, and training principles; while focusing on the importance of the athletes developing character, personal responsibility, and self-discipline in the pursuit of excellence in swimming and life.
- Communicate expectations timely and regularly with the coaching staff.
- Organize and oversee all coaching staff assignments, responsibilities, development, and evaluations.
- Develop training plans for coaches’ development to stay current on training best practices.
- Manage all hiring and personnel decisions for the coaching staff.
- Communicate with swimmers and parents: team news, upcoming events, training tips, college preparation, nutrition, etc.
- Promptly communicate feedback with coaching staff and swimmers.
- Attend swim practices, meets, including weekend travel to away meets.
- Plan and execute projects to build team morale and development.
- Manage day-to-day operating issues, including (but not limited to) pool facility procurement and assistance with fundraisers.
- Plan team practice schedules and meet schedules, including team and coaches’ travel, coach scheduling, meet entry assignments, and other meet administrative duties.
- Swim meet entry administration.
- Promote and market BNSC to draw new swimmers into the club.
- Promptly follow-up with families interested in swimming.
- Attend board meetings and provide updates on staff, pool space, swimmer counts, and financial matters impacting the budget.
- Assist in the preparation of an annual operating budget with the treasurer and manage expenditures in accordance with the approved budget.
- Maintain the team website and social media presence.
- Adhere to BNSC Travel & Expense policies.
- Ability to oversee the swim program and to achieve the club’s mission.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the development of young athletes, at all skill levels.
- Excellent communication skills, including interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with staff, swimmers, parents, Board members, vendors, and the community.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills. Knowledge of Team Unify and the Hy-Tek software is a positive.
- Understanding the balance of training for distance and sprint, taper, and dry-land, for all age groups.
- USA Swimming background check and USA Swimming certified coach.
How to Apply
Candidates should email a copy of their resume, highlighting relevant work experience and education, along with three professional references to Kelly Malinowski, Bloomington Normal Swim Club Board Secretary, at [email protected]. Applications received prior to June 15th, 2020, will receive primary consideration. A review of applications will begin immediately but the position will remain open until it is filled by the best candidate.