Applications due 10/10/20
Date posted: September 28, 2020
Location: Ventura, CA, USA
Buenaventura Swim Club is seeking an experienced & enthusiastic Head Coach for our year-round program. We are a non-profit established in 1962, board-governed, coach-led swim team in Ventura, California operating out of Ventura Aquatic Center & Rio Mesa High School. Our swimmers have gone on the represent our club in sectionals, futures, junior nationals, senior nationals, & Olympic Trials as well as represent college programs at Cal, USC, UC Davis, Notre Dame, NYU, UCSD, UCSB & many others.
Buenaventura Swim Club is a USA Swimming Club Level 2 Recognition organization with Safe Sport Certification. USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program awarded Buenaventura Swim Club with Silver level status in 2015, 2016 & 2018 and Bronze status in 2019.
Buenaventura Swim Club Mission Statement……pursue excellence through the sport of swimming while providing a safe, healthy, & positive environment for athletes.
• Meet all USA Swimming certification & coaching requirements (CPR, Safety Training for
Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, Athlete Protection, Lifeguard, First Aid,
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred (exercise science, education, or related field)
• ASCA Level 3 or above preferred
• Prior collegiate swimmer preferred
• Strong technical knowledge of swimming
• Strong knowledge of Senior level training in all strokes & distances
• Experience with Team Unify & meet entries
• Physiology &/or exercise training experience
• Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with parents, swimmers, & other
coaches (email, phone, face to face)
• Plan seasonal & yearly competition schedule for all groups, workout writing, & meet
• Perform administrative tasks expected of a Head Coach
• Represent the team at swim meets as well as at SoCal Swimming (our LSC) meetings & swim
• Promote & encourage a positive culture at all times while serving as Head Coach for the
entire competitive team
• Serve as the primary point of contact for competitive coaches, SoCal Swimming, & USA
• Maintain a healthy professional relationship with the Board of Directors & collaborates
on strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, vision, communication, goals & fundraising
• Recruit, supervise, & mentor team coaches
Buenaventura Swim Club offers a competitive salary package commensurate with experience. The package includes a base salary, paid vacation, paid professional development, & travel expense reimbursement for meets.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume, coaching philosophy statement, & contact information for 3 professional references by email to [email protected]