Location: 345 Landa Street, New Braunfels, TX, USA
The two-time Texas Recreation and Park Society’s Gold Medalist New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Department is looking for passionate and enthusiastic people to be valued team members of DAS REC, New Braunfels Recreation Center. DAS REC provides 77,000 square feet of something for everyone. For more information visit www.dasrec.com.
OUR TEAM: The Das Rec Swim Team is a city run USA swim program that is housed at Das Rec, New Braunfels Recreation Center. The program offers junior and senior group swimming that emphasizes stroke techniques, interval training, and a supportive environment.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general supervision of the Aquatic Supervisor and following the goals and mission statement of Das Rec and New Braunfels Parks and Recreation, The Head Swim Coach is responsible for managing and leading the USA swim program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
- Promote a safe team-oriented environment and spirit of competitiveness.
- Plan and run practices for each age group.
- Maintain control and safety of swimmers by following proper precautions and regulations.
- Provide stroke technique instruction for all levels of swimmers.
- Organize dryland workouts for all levels of swimmers.
- Build relationships with participants and parents.
- Communicate effectively with Das Rec management.
- Prepare meet lineups and meet entries.
- Knowledge of event programming and coordinating (Hy-Tek experience preferred).
- Works cohesively with assistant coaches and aquatic management team.
- Follow all facility policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma. Experience as a head coach, or extensive experience as an assistant coach for at least 3 years for a recognized swim club. Competitive swim experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
- USA Swim Coach Certification
- Valid American Red Cross CPR/AED, First-Aid certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
Required Knowledge of:
- Operational characteristics of a USA swim team.
- Promotion and enforcing safe practices.
- Knowledge of facility and team policies.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, demands and events.
- Supervising assistant coaches and delegating tasks.
Required Skill in:
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships with City employees, facility lessees and guests, assistant coaches, swim team members, event sponsors and vendors, and the general public.
- Effective, clear and concise communication, both verbally and in writing.
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an indoor environment, with potential exposure to hazardous chemicals, wet surfaces, pool maintenance equipment, infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens; is subject to sitting, standing, bending and reaching for extended periods of time; and must be able to safely pull, push, lift and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule and irregular hours including weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings.
- May be required to work immediately before, during or after an emergency disaster.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit an online application at https://newbraunfels.hyrell.com
Human Resources Department
phone: (830) 221-4390