Applications due 08/20/16
Location: Fort Wayne, IN, United States
Three Rivers Aquatic Club (Fort Wayne, IN)
Three Rivers Aquatic Club (TRAC) was incorporated in the summer of 1999. Approximately thirty-five families joined together to form a private swim club who would train at the Helen P. Brown Natatorium. The club has grown to as large as 90 families and 150 swimmers. The Helen P. Brown Natatorium is a 43,000 square foot, state-of-the-art aquatic facility that features a 50-meter by 25-yard main pool and an additional small therapy pool, a diving well, locker rooms and shower facilities. A large mezzanine gives spectators a bird’s eye view of the swimmers below. The national award-winning design of the facility was completed in 1996 and was part of the renovation of South Side High School.
Philosophy TRAC believes lessons learned in the pool are lessons learned for life. Each swimmer is encouraged to cultivate competitive skills and sportsmanship in swimming. TRAC’s training philosophy builds solid character by promoting core values of honesty, respect, commitment, and self-discipline. Utilizing a progressive age group program develops our swimmers both physically and mentally in a step-by-step process. Younger swimmers focus on proper swimming technique and developing a love for the sport. As swimmers progress, more demanding physical and mental challenges are introduced into the training.
Three Rivers Aquatic Club is seeking qualified applicants to serve as a Head Coach. This position requires a minimum of 5 weekday evenings and 2 mornings on deck coaching the club’s senior age group. Weekend hours will vary for swim meets.
- Provide coaching for the senior group for a year round USA swim team. Possess a passion for the sport of swimming and a deep desire to foster a positive training environment for all swimmers.
- Focused on teaching advanced skills and stroke technique, preparing swimmers for competition, and racing strategies. Prepare swimmers to compete on a State, Zone, and National level.
- Individual goal setting and athlete development.
- Collaborate with coaching team to promote drills and workouts that support high performance athletes.
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- Promote the club within the city of Fort Wayne and surrounding areas to attract new swimmers
- Network with other Indiana LSC swim clubs as well as surrounding states; recruit teams for club hosted swim meets
- Must be a registered coaching member of USA Swimming with current credentials
- Minimum of five years coaching experience with preference given to candidate(s) that have senior level coaching
- Candidates must take and pass a criminal background check
- Be able to provide excellent communication with the parents of swimmers as well as all members and staff
- College degree preferred but not required.
A competitive compensation package will be based on qualifications of the candidate. The club will pay for certifications and continuing education.
How to Apply
Please submit resume to:
Board of Directors Vice-President
How to Apply
Email [email protected]