Location: 5729 Memorial Dr, The Colony, TX 75056, USA
Head Site – Masters Swim Coach
O2 PERFORMANCE AQUATICS – DFW Area, TX
O2 Performance Aquatics – Head Site Coach, Masters Swimming
The O2 (http://www.o2performanceaquatics.com), serving three locations in the Dallas Forth Worth area, is a non-profit, 501c organization that provides high-quality aquatic programs for people of all ages. We operate out of the LISD Aquatics Center East at The Colony & LISD Westside Aquatics Centers at Lewisville and North Lake College Aquatic Center on the campus of North Lake College Irving TX,
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Masters Coach (MC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high-quality masters swimming program to meet the needs of the local community. Our goal is for our masters swimming program to serve a wide range of adult masters swimmers, including fitness enthusiasts, triathletes, competitive swimmers, and casual swimmers as well. The HC is the primary point of contact for both current and prospective swimmers and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
- Serve as the primary on-deck coach for the majority of the masters swimming workouts
- Substitute coach for any assistant masters swimming coaches when necessary
- Develop and implement a weekly workout regimen for the masters swimming program
- Supervise an assistant coach (or coaches) to support the program
- Work with any assistant coaches to ensure effective coaching and leadership on deck at all times during masters swimming workouts
- Work with the HC and other O2 staff members to coordinate practice schedules and lane space allocations on a seasonal basis
- Serve as the primary point of contact for both current and prospective swimmers in the program, managing both emails and phone calls as necessary
- Be available to meet with any program participant as requested
- Be willing to attend occasional masters swim meets/competitions to support O2 masters swimmers
- Conduct a minimum of two-stroke clinics per year
- Attend monthly coaches’ team meetings
- Participate as a member of the O2 on USM house of delegate
- Work with the Pool manager & Operations to ensure proper coordination with the front desk staff regarding O2 activities
- Work with the Lifeguard Manager to coordinate proper safety standards during all workouts
- Support any fundraising campaigns conducted by the club
- Be responsible for the safety of all program participants both in the pool, on the pool deck, and in the surrounding locker rooms
- Inconjunct with HC implement a new learning program for all
The MC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes.
He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the fitness needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor.
The MC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events.
The MC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers.
He/she must be able to cooperate with all O2 staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
- 4+ years – swim coaching experience preferred
- ASCA Level 2 preferred
- Current coaching membership in US Masters Swimming
- USMS level 1 or willingness to obtain certifications
- USA Swimming Certified or willingness to obtain certifications
- Enthusiastic, dynamic presence with good communication skills
- Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification or willingness to obtain certifications
- Applicants need to be at least 20 years of age.
- Triathlon background is A Plus
Hours and Location:
- Practice hours include early morning, midday, evenings and Saturdays as well workouts. A typical year will also include 2-3 weekend swim meets/competitions.
- All coaches must be able to pass a background check prior to employment
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- To apply for this opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references.
- All inquiries are confidential.
Salary & Benefits:
- This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt and non-benefited position. Pay commensurate with experience.
- Head Coach Gilberto Junior for more information or to apply:
Job Type: Part-time
How to Apply
Email Cover Letter, your coaching philosophy, resume and 3 references to:
Head Coach Gilberto Junior at [email protected]
for more information go to www.o2performanceaqautics.com
Westside Aquatics Center (WAC) 1750 - Duncan Ln, Lewisville, TX 75028 Phone: (214) 222-6940
Eastside Aquatic Center (LISD) 5729 Memorial Dr, The Colony TX 75056 Phone: (469) 948-2750
North Lake College Natatorium (NL) 5001 N MacArthur Blvd, Irving, TX 75038 Phone: (972) 756-0860