Applications due 12/04/20
UWCSEA seeks 2 experienced Head of Aquatics for each of its campuses from August 2021.
The Head of Aquatics is responsible for the design, delivery and monitoring of the Aquatics programmes and resources. The post holder is responsible for leading, planning and delivering a diverse programme that caters for the full range of Aquatic aptitudes and preferences of UWCSEA student and parent bodies. The Head of Aquatics works closely with the Heads of Activities, Junior School, Middle School and High School Physical Education, Service, Finance & Communications departments.
Programme Development/School Curriculum Development
- Strategic planning of the learn to swim, recreational aquatics, competitive swim team, service and community programmes
- Leading of the competitive swimming team calendar, home meets, local ACSIS and regional SEASAC Championships and, overseas trips and competitions
- Leading and developing Service programmes within the Aquatics programme
- Monitor, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the swimming programme
- Leading, developing, mentoring and managing a team of employees including in house coaches, lifeguards and external coaches
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.
UWCSEA is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes applications from those who wish to join a community which is inclusive, and which celebrates diversity.
Health & Safety
- Accountable for child safeguarding and pool SOP & health and safety policies
- Project capital and operation costing, develop and monitor budgeting, planning, delivery and monitoring system
- Design and implementation of the Aquatics communication strategies and systems
- ACSTA Silver / ASA Level III or equivalent but a Bronze/Level II with experience and a definite potential to inspire our swimmers
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
- At least 5 years of experience within a management role or leading a Swim team.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful coaching experience (with a proven track record) to include a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing aquatics
- Skill in fostering productive relationships with other coaches and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others. Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within swim and other Campus-wide departments.
- Shows integrity and is fair, equitable and ethical in approach. Protects confidential information, adheres to policies and demonstrates loyalty to swimming and the college.
- Understanding and appreciation of the field of diversity talent identification, selection and confirmation and how this can contribute to the development of swimming.
- Have high levels of personal integrity and enjoy connecting with different people from our community
How to Apply
Send your resume to [email protected]
1207 Dover Road