Date posted: May 12, 2023
Location: Truman State University, E Normal Ave, Kirksville, MO, USA
TRUMAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach
This is a full-time, 12-month position responsible for all phases of the swimming program in a manner compatible with department and University philosophies.
The following primary responsibilities will include:
- recruitment of prospective student-athletes in coordination with Office of Admissions
- administering swimming grant-in-aid program
- coaching, mentoring, and retaining student-athletes
- in-season practice and meet planning; out of season conditioning
- compliance with NCAA Division II, GLVC, and University rules and regulations
- managing swimming operations budget including equipment, travel, recruiting, etc…
- fundraising and alumni, community, and media relations
Required qualifications include: a bachelor’s degree; demonstrated effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; collegiate swimming coaching and/or competing experience; knowledge of and commitment to NCAA rules; commitment to academic success and student-athlete well-being. Also must be able to overnight travel for competition with most travel occurring during weekends.
Preferred qualifications include: a master’s degree; NCAA coaching/recruiting experience; and understanding of the Division II philosophy.
To apply submit a letter of application, resume, academic transcripts, and contact information for at least three references to https://trumansu.peopleadmin.com/postings/562 or mailed to:
Truman State University
100 E. Normal
Kirksville, MO 63501
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
How to Apply