*************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**************
We are currently interviewing for our Head Coaching Position of the Sierra Marlins Swim Team. This is a program with a proud history of developing young swimmers from 6-Unders and Age Group kids to High School Champions, Collegiate Athletes and Olympic Gold Medalists. We are looking for a passionate coach to mold and inspire some amazing kids and swimmers. Someone who wants to create a sport culture in which he/she is viewed by the swimmer as a mentor, educator and role model.
The Head Coach will also be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and Mission of both the Sierra Marlins Swim Team and USA swimming. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, recruitment of prospective swimmers, swimmer development, competition preparation and strategy, supervision of assistant coaches, working with parents, the public, fundraising, adherence to USA swimming rules and regulations, and administrative duties all associated with being a head coach.
- Plan, schedule, direct and oversee all practice and training activities of the team.
- Maintain the assigned roster size for each year including swimmer move ups and enrollment.
- Ensure eligibility of swimmers in each group and in the swimming program.
- Determine meet schedule and swimmers participation in meets.
- Manage, mentor and develop the coaching staff. Delegate coaching responsibilities to a staff of 4-6 assistant coaches.
- Coordinate swimmer entries into swim meets and coaching staff attendance at home and away swim meets.
- Represent the Sierra Marlins at appropriate meets, be an active Sierra Marlins representative and participant in the LSC. Attend Board meetings, and help manage all Club planning and development.
- Manage the administration related to all aspects of the organization including publicity, recruitment, relevant communications and overseeing all aspects of home and travel swim meets, including providing assistance with financial budget and other financial matters.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in problem resolution situations and in financial matters of the team.
- Meet with parent members on a regular basis and as needed. Oversee parent education.
- Provide senior swimmers with college guidance and support
- meet with necessary city officials as needed
How to Apply
email applications to the Board President Ernie Dillard at [email protected]
This is a full time salaried position and the compensation will be competitive to the Northern CA area. It will be based on experience and qualifications. Folsom and the surrounding areas offer a great outdoor lifestyle and family atmosphere second to none.