Location: 130 East Avenue, Lewiston, ME, USA
Head Swim Coach YWCA Tiger Sharks Swim Team
Location: YWCA Central Maine
Lewistion Maine 04240
The YWCA Tiger Sharks Swim Team is looking for a Head Swim Coach. The Tiger sharks team is a competitive program for swimmers ages 5-18+ years. We are a small but growing team of currently 40 swimmers who compete throughout Maine, in USA swimming events!
The head coach is responsible for screening/evaluating team members, helping swimmers develop goals, planning practices, scheduling meets, working with parent volunteers as well as providing on deck coaching at practices and all swim meets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and conduct practice workouts that are developmentally appropriate, well organized, and which demonstrate trackable progression throughout the course of the season.
- Develop a team culture that is focused on Youth Development, which rewards effort and commitment, not only results.
- Assist swimmers in developing, evaluating, and achieving goals.
- Schedule, organize, and administer home and away meets, making sure all necessary paperwork is completed in submitted on time.
- Remain current and educated with developments in the field of competitive swimming. Incorporate this knowledge via delivery of Tiger Sharks swim team practices, meets and special events.
- Work with Tiger shark Parents who may wish to assist the Head Coach with organizational and administrative functions such as officiating or fund raising.
- Keep families updated with team information through email and team Facebook page.
- Administer entering swimmers into meets, running the team online store, and marketing and recruiting for the team .
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Recreation Management, Physical Education, or other related field preferred.
- Must be a USA Swimming certified Coach
- At least 1 year of coaching experience
- lifeguard certification, first aid, CPR/AED
- This is a Part time, year round position. Starting pay will be $14 – $17 per hour. Ranging approximately 20-30 hours a week.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and letter of interest to: Will McCorkle Assistant Aquatic Director
How to Apply
Email cover letter and Resume to [email protected]
Contact Information130 east ave Lewiston Maine 04240