Applications due 11/30/17
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Supervise staff of 7+ part time coaches. Responsible for selection, development, education, communication & coordination of coaches to ensure consistent application of programs across all training levels
- Develop team workouts, including dryland, while directly coaching at least one primary training group. Assist with other training groups as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends, travel is required.
- Lead, inspire and encourage athletes to maximize their individual performance, Mentor coaches to effectively lead young athletes
- Seek out and implement new coaching techniques for continuous improvement
- Maintain an appropriate balance between technique work and yardage
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team
- Oversee all aspects of club daily operation in support of the Board of Directors goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with parents, athletes and board members.
- Communicate with other teams and/or PNS regarding meet participation and entries.
- Maintain and update website information regarding practice schedules, meet entries, news, etc.
- Various administrative functions such as pool scheduling
- Participate in monthly board meetings, keeping members informed of team operation and performance. Work with the board to ensure club goals and objectives are met.
- Act as a team representative while attending LSC meetings
- Maintain accurate records of individuals and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Follow and enforce TSC board policies and procedures. Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness
- Must be CPR/AED certified and maintain current coaching certification
- ASCA level 3 (or higher) certification preferred
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment
- High-level swimming experience at the club and collegiate level.
- Experienced with TeamUnify and HyTek
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
How to Apply
This is a year round, salaried position based on qualifications and experience with potential for performance based incentives. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter outlining experience and coaching philosophy, resume, three references with contact information, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org