Applications due 09/30/23
Date posted: September 5, 2023
Location: Waunakee, WI, USA
Job Description and Requirements:
In addition to coaching experience, the Head Coach role requires leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and working with the volunteer parent Board of Directors.
The Head Coach position, includes but is not limited to:
- Creating a positive, safe, challenging and supportive team environment that promotes the personal growth and development of all athletes and assistant coaches.
- Developing and coach training programs in conjunction with assistant coaches for swimmers of training groups, including dryland training.
- Assessing and improve stroke technique through all swim levels.
- Ensuring the safety of all swimmers during practices and meets, following proper protocols and guidelines.
- Developing a system, with the assistant coaches, for goal setting for the team, individual swimmers and the assistant coaches.
- Entering and reviewing the team entries and attending scheduled meets.
- Looking for, interview and hire assistant coaching staff as needed
- Motivating swimmers to participate in USA swimming sanctioned swim meets
- Determining the appropriate meets and events for swimmers.
- Providing guidance to parents to, upon request, as to the determination of meets and events chosen for swimmers to participate in
- Managing team and swimmer records: Assess and monitor the advancement of swimmers, offering constructive feedback and implementing strategies for improvement including the documentation of personal best records for all swimmers.
- Maintaining USA Swimming Safe Sport Certification
- Coaching weekend meets or designating/assigning coaches to club designated meets and notify the board, in advance, of who will be the coach on deck.
- Maintaining regular and efficient communication with swimmers, parents, and the board to provide updates on team activities, schedules, and performance.
- Assisting and guiding high school athletes in the college recruiting process.
- Participating in Wave activities and social events.
- Working with Waunakee Community Pool by
- securing pool time and setting practice times for groups in the allotted time available.
- resolving pool limitations creatively to accommodate training, if needed
- being a positive leader and ambassador for the team and board
- Providing leadership and guidance to assistant coaches by:
- assisting in developing daily practice plans and seasonal plans
- mentoring and supervising to further their coaching skills
- encouraging professional development .
- Working collaboratively with the parent volunteer Board of Directions by
- Selecting meets for the season.
- coordination hosted meets
- creating team building and club activities
- attending monthly board meetings
- notifying the board of who will be coach on deck in advance of meets
How to Apply
- At least 3 years of coaching experience; Head Coach of a Club experience desired.
- Understanding and experience in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, age-appropriate dryland training techniques, USA-Swimming rules and regulations.
- Passion and enthusiasm for working with young athletes focusing on competitive and community swimming
- Foster a positive attitude and enthusiasm for swim
- Encourage, develop, motivate, and support those swimmers desiring competitive/elite swim goals.
- Ability to write and develop practices for swimmers of all skill levels.
- Exemplary organization, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with swimmers, parents, and coaches.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and provide mentoring to assistant coaches.
- Holds the following: USA-S Coaching Certification and be in good standing, CPR, AED, First Aid, and lifeguarding
- Available for weeknight practices (and morning practices as pool time allows)
- Ability to maintain discipline and safety at practices.
- Formulate a systematic approach for identifying issues and implementing appropriate resolutions.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with assistant coaches.
- Understanding and working knowledge of TeamUnify, Meet Manager, and basic MS Office skills Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include any relevant certifications and coaching achievements. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference given to applications received by September 30, 2023.
This is a full time salaried position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For more information on our current training levels, schedule and general team information, please visit: www.waunakeewave.org.
PO Box 352
Waunakee, WI 53597