Date posted: December 16, 2020
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, USA
The Santa Barbara Swim Club (SBSC) is searching for an enthusiastic Head Coach who will define, influence and lead the overall direction of the club program. We are a non-profit, board-governed, coach-led swim team in Santa Barbara, California operating out of the Los Banos and UCSB pool facilities. The Head Coach will be responsible for all aspects of operating a year-round competitive swim program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of overall team philosophy on coaching, swimmer development, and team dynamics
- Establish workout groups, schedules, and criteria for advancement through collaboration with coaching staff
- On deck coaching and supervision of senior elite swimmers
- Develop and oversee training programs for all age groups
- Supervise and mentor coaching staff
- Plan seasonal and yearly competition schedule for all groups
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communications with swimmers, parents, coach and board members
- Host periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents
- Provide monthly written reports to BOD and attend board meetings.
- Collaborate with Santa Barbara City College, UCSB, other local recreational aquatic directors and local high school swim coaches for facility use, contract compliance, and asset sharing.
- Represent the team at swim meets, external meetings, and other required meetings or assign a delegate
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience as both a head coach and age group coach of a competitive swim team with at least 100 athletes
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certification, including first aid and life-saving certification
- American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) Coaching Certification Level 2 or higher preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interface with all levels of employees, club members, athletes, parents, Board of Directors and community members
- Team management skills and ability to provide clear verbal or written direction to employees/swimmers/parents
- Up-to-date understanding of latest coaching techniques through research and continuing education
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels
- Experienced with Team Unify and Hy-Tek
- Bachelor’s Degree and prior collegiate swimmer strongly preferred
- Must pass a Background check with USA Swimming and complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Report check
- Provide a minimum of 3 References
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred)
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Team provides reimbursement for travel and team related expenses, and funding for coach educational opportunities.
Please visit sbswim.net to learn more about our club. Please email resume and three references to at [email protected].
How to Apply
Marci Steelman – Board President