The Head Coach will have full wet-side responsibilities including:
- Develop, plan, organize, and lead our competitive swim program.
- Lead, recruit, develop and supervise coaching staff.
- Develop and communicate a Team Vision and Goals.
- Consistently evaluate and improve program to ensure sustained achievement and growth of all swimmers and the program itself.
- Aid with swimmer recruitment
- Manage and evaluate athlete goal setting, focusing on stroke technique and individual as well team achievements.
- Parent/swimmer education and communication.
- Work with Meet Director to plan, organize and schedule meets.
- Collaborate and support Governing Board in development of team budget, fee structure and fundraising activities.
- Oversee and participate in daily practice setup and cleanup
The right candidate will have good people and organizational skills; enjoy mentoring youth; have enthusiasm for the sport; focus heavily on developing character and sportsmanship; and be knowledgeable about swim, stroke techniques, and helping swimmers improve.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office)
- Strong background in competitive swimming with a minimum of 2 years progressive coaching experience.
- Experience in developing swimmers from novice to high-level swimmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications.
- Access to a network of resources to stay updated on latest psychological, visualization and teaching methods.
Candidates must be available for the following (NO EXCEPTIONS):
- Spring Clinic Practices (optional to swimmers) Mid April for two weeks
- Spring and Summer Team Practices: April- June: Mon-Thurs 4-8
June-August: Mon-Friday 7:15 to 12pm
- Parent Orientation: one weekday evening, mid-February
- Board Meetings: one evening per month, most of the year (8 meetings)
- Meets and Invitationals
How to Apply
Email a resume to :