Date posted: April 28, 2021
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
Head Coach, Men’s Water Polo
Salary: $3,528.00 Monthly
Job Type: Professional Expert
Job Number: 20-21/00023
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Closing: 5/20/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, the head coach will plan, organize and direct all activities, duties, and responsibilities of his/her respective sport program.
Scope of Assignment
- Prepare for all aspects of the season, including; organize practice schedules and assist in the preparation of the season schedule, budgeting, travel and meals, strength and conditioning, consulting on equipment purchases.
- Promote leadership in all aspects of the program which include the direction of all assistant coaches and other personnel associated with his/her team.
- Promote ethical values of honesty and fair play.
- Participate in professional assignments including committee membership and other related activities. Actively fundraise and support the athletic department functions.
- Attend athletic department meetings.
- Serve as home contest administrator as necessary.
- Teach appropriate KINTM courses.
- Organize and execute an aggressive recruiting program of district high school student-athletes.
- Recruit students who have a legitimate chance of succeeding academically and socially at the college level.
- Actively participate and support high school visitations; individual contacts with the athlete and his parents; home visits; follow-up correspondence; campus visits by athlete; articulate recruiting activities with interested four-year coaches; communicate with all prospects informing them of registration procedures, admission testing.
- Contact with Four-Year Schools and Professionals
- Contact four-year coaches about present student-athletes who have a desire to attend their institution.
- Respond to correspondence and questionnaires from four-year schools and professional teams that request information about our student-athletes.
- Encourage four-year coaches to visit our campus to recruit our student-athletes.
- Public Relations
- Supply information and assistance in the preparation of a media guide; assist in the make-up of the game program; speak publicly when invited.
- Respond to requests from the media.
- Athlete Personnel Problems
- Counsel student-athletes concerning grades, finances, school plans, schedules.
- Discuss and assist with personal problems of players.
- In conjunction with the athletic counselor, the head coach will oversee academic performance of student-athletes.
- Monitor weekly, quarterly, and yearly academic progress of student-athletes.
- Provide encouragement and support to student-athletes, administer appropriate discipline and, if necessary, dismiss players for misconduct.
- Submit requests for transportation; assist the Athletic Director or designee in arranging for meals and lodging for trips in a timely manner.
- Prepare trip itinerary for players; complete trip vouchers and forms and return from trips in a timely manner.
- Purchasing Inventories
- Assist in preparing budget for his/her sport program; maintain budget and stay within budget; assist equipment person with inventory; check inventory.
- Professional Growth
- Attend staff meetings and Conference and state coaches’ meetings.
- Attend coaching clinics.
- Keep abreast of current literature in the field.
- Maintain membership and participate in meetings at the local and state coaches associations.
- Other Duties
- Ensure that each student-athlete completes a physical exam.
- Ensure that the trainer maintains accurate injury records and attend to injured athletes.
- Responsible for each student-athlete turning in eligibility forms and records by established deadlines.
- Assist student-athletes with meeting eligibility requirements.
- Provide leadership in articulating the athletic program to the Governing Board, administration, community, faculty, and students.
- Take and pass annual recruiting test.
- Participate in optional non-traditional seasons.
- Possess valid California driver license.
- Drive District vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience; or
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
The professional experience required must be directly related to the assignment.
- Master’s degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; or
- Bachelors’ degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education recreation administration or physical therapy.
- Experience coaching, preferably at the collegiate level.
Working months: In-season August through December.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that areindicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, yourapplication may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendationor documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service.) Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a seasonal, 5-month, August through December, professional expert position located at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus. Starting salary of Step A, $3,528/month.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2237980
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2237980