Applications due 05/15/19
Location: 6501 Antioch Road, Mission, KS, USA
Johnson County Park & Recreation District seeks an energetic competitive Head Coach to lead our nationally recognized coaching staff and athletes! Responsibilities for this position:
- Provide leadership, management, long-range planning, and vision for the Kansas City Blazers Swim Team.
- Design, administer, and implement a comprehensive, progressive competitive swim program meeting the needs of novice, competitive, and elite athletes.
- Hire, train, and supervise 4-5 head site coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion, ensuring adherence to the USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Set detailed development plan for coaches, including both coaching and relationship building skills.
- Set detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed.
- Set detailed development plan for athletes of all skill levels, ensuring all site coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence.
- Develop public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Blazers organization.
- Work directly with Blazers parent board to ensure budget and membership goals are met, including fund-raising commitments, corporate sponsorships, meet sponsorships, and community volunteering.
- Supervise a full time Business Manager including the development of a 3-year forecast, addressing financials and membership numbers, updating the parent board quarterly.
- Develop, monitor, and manage Blazers budget, ensuring staff are following appropriate expenditure guidelines as well as all policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to the Johnson County Park & Recreation Job board no later than May 15, 2019 at 5:00pm CDT. The Link below will take you to the job board for this position.