Date posted: November 17, 2023
Location: Helena, MT, USA
The Helena Lions Swim Team (HLST), a year-round competitive USA Swimming club in Helena, MT is seeking an energetic, engaging, motivated, experienced, dynamic Head Coach for a team of 40 swimmers to further develop an already strong program.
The Head Coach, through collaboration and communication, is responsible for ensuring:
• Team operations
• Swimmer recruitment and retention
• Scheduling, recruiting, mentoring and maintaining assistant coaching staff
• Providing coaching and training that is technically, age and developmentally appropriate.
• Community involvement
For a complete job description, see contact information below. Additional team information is available at www.hlst.org
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or currently eligible to work in the U.S.
One year of management or administrative experience.
• Previous coaching/working with youth experience preferred
• Knowledge of Team Unify, and Hy-Tek systems
• Ability to work with swimmers of all ages
• Cooperative and respectful interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Training in team building best practices in accordance with USA Swimming SafeSport.
• Current in USA Swimming required certifications: CPR, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Athlete Protection, Concussion Protocol Training, Background check, Coaches Advantage Training, Foundations of Coaching, MAAPP 2.0 and/or the ability to obtain the certifications
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be physically able to climb stairs without assistance
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a statement describing the applicant’s coaching philosophy, current resume, and three current references with contact information via email to the Hiring Committee Chairs.
Applications will be reviewed as returned and the position will remain open until filled.
Questions can be referred to the Hiring Committee Chairs by email (preferred):
The annual salary is $40,000/yr + stipend towards health insurance. The potential of additional pay through incentives may be available and will be negotiated when the employment contract is drafted. Paid vacation and reimbursement for continuing education, and coaching certifications are available. Historically, the HLST coach has also served on the coaching staff for the two local high school swim teams for supplemental income. Additionally, the Helena Family YMCA is currently without an Aquatics Director. If interested, this opportunity may be available competitively as well.
PO Box 936
Helena, MT 59624
phone: (406) 443-0687