Applications due 01/01/20
Summary of position
We are looking for someone with a competitive swimming background, who is passionate about educating children through sports. Someone who not only cares about the next gold medal, but more so about the long-term development of every learner.
As Head Coach & Curriculum Manager you will manage all aspects of the Competitive Swim Team. As such you will be required to co-create the holistic curriculum and corresponding season plans, and implement it accordingly through daily coaching sessions, swim meets and other relevant activities.
- Work with Sports Lab Program Executive and external experts to create the curriculum content aligned with the X Lab vision.
- Develop a corresponding season plan with training phases, swim meets, overseas trips & relevant activities to help swimmers reach their highest potential both in and out of the pool.
- Attend, oversee and coach swimmers during all daily swim- & land trainings, stroke corrections, swim meets and activities that the competitive swim team is involved in.
- Organize and conduct quarterly parent-student-coach review sessions to set season goals and evaluate progress in accordance with the assessment criteria of the curriculum.
- Communicate any relevant information – including promotion of holistic long-term curriculum – to parents and swimmers, and handle all related enquiries.
- Attend regular workshops and courses, and use the learnings to continuously improve the curriculum and coaching staff.
- Develop and mentor other coaches to promote a learning environment in which coaches are able to grow to the highest standard of coaching.
- Fulfil administrative tasks related to the program; e.g. meet entries, attendance report, student performance tracking, and minutes of attended workshop.
- Help with recruitment of swimmers by being a positive ambassador of X Lab during meets, advocating the X Lab vision during events & talks, and supporting marketing activities.
- Degree in either education, pedagogy and psychology related, or kinesiology, physiology and sport science related.
- Minimum 3-5 years coaching experience with a background in competitive swimming at national or international level preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for swimming, youth development and vision of X Lab Pro.
- Demonstrated ability to design a structured curriculum and corresponding season plan.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire swimmers of all ages and create a positive learning environment.
- Demonstrated team player with an open mindset to learning, improving and tweaking the status quo.
- Excellent understanding of training principles and technique development.
- Excellent writing, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager preferred.
- Work 40 hours per week out of which 20+ hours coaching on the deck during mornings, evenings and weekends when required.
How to Apply
Email application letter and resume to [email protected]