Applications due 07/04/22
Date posted: June 16, 2022
Location: Woodlands Street 41, Singapore American School, Singapore
- Develop and implement competitive and performance swim programs at SAS.
- Help to coordinate and implement the day-to-day operations of the Eagle Club Swimming program
- Consult as needed with the development of preschool to grade 12 aquatics programs
- Manage relevant communications and maintain appropriate records
- Coach developmental and competitive swim teams as required
- Ensure child safeguarding and pool health and safety protocols are followed
Key candidate qualities:
- Exemplifies the SAS core values of Compassion, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, and Honesty and enjoys actively contributing towards a positive, professional environment
- Embrace differences in culture, background, ability, identity, and perspective and believe that they should be respected and celebrated
- You are the type of person who will enthusiastically step up and help your colleagues when needed or just because it feels like the right thing to do.
- A sense of humor, humility, optimism and this is reflected in your work and leadership
- Be committed to safeguarding children and will willingly commit to and actively follow the safeguarding policies of SAS.
- Familiarity and experience with the Long Term Athlete Development model
- Performs in a manner that reflects positively on Singapore American School
- Demonstrates a passion for swimming and a genuine willingness to help our student-athletes reach their maximum potential
- Employs a positive, inclusive leadership style that develops swimmers and fellow coaches and other SAS employees
- Committed to establishing an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, sportsmanship, leadership, responsibility and an appreciation for the importance of academics with student-athletes
- Advise and counsel swimmers who wish to pursue development opportunities and/or collegiate competition, including writing letters of recommendation, if requested
- Ability to train and mentor the coaching team to achieve success
- Able to communicate clearly with coaching staff, students and parents
- Enjoys working collaboratively
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement quality training programs that will allow competitive and high performance swimmers perform to the best of their abilities
- Plan and coordinate on campus swim meets and club nights
- Maintain rosters, records, and manage meet entries
- Support the interest of the Associations (IASAS, ACSIS) as defined by SAS
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with Singapore Swimming Association
- Build working groups and network with coaches from other schools and swimming club’s both locally and internationally as well as the Singapore Swimming Association
- Participate in Aquatics-related research and development for SAS
- Assist in the delivery of professional development for aquatics and other relevant staff
- Coach and plan holiday camps and clinics as required
- Travel within Singapore and Internationally may be required
- Assist with completing all other projects and duties as assigned by the Eagle Club Swimming Coordinator.
- Undertake training as required
The above job description is only indicative of the broad set of duties and responsibilities. Distribution of tasks is assigned by the supervisor. Other tasks may be assigned on the job, as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree (or similar), from an accredited college or university, or equivalent professional experience
- ASCA Level 5 or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 8 years swim coaching experience with at least 5 years supervisory/leadership experience or 5 years high level head coaching experience
- Prior success as a competitive swim coach at the club, high school or collegiate level
- American Red Cross First Aid & CPR or equivalent
- Able to read, write, and perform basic math and should have strong organizational, budgetary, computer (especially TeamUnify Swim Office, Hytek Meet Manager, video software and Google Suite) skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Required SAS Health, Safety, and Safeguarding Protocols:
- Ensure that program areas, equipment, and supplies are maintained in an orderly and safe manner.
- Report any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor or the person responsible for those items at your site.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
- Complete all child safeguarding training as required.
The Singapore Ministry of Manpower requires that all work pass holders and their dependent work pass holders aged 18 and above be fully vaccinated, including with a booster, to be eligible for employment in Singapore.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/CareerCenter/v2/details.aspx?cid=6379&jid=586060