Applications due 07/12/22
Date posted: June 12, 2022
Location: Fredericka G. Evans Cultural Centre, Hospital Street, Mobile, AL, USA
The City of Mobile Swim Association (CMSA), located in Mobile, Alabama, is searching for a Head Coach to lead and direct our year-round USA Swimming Program. CMSA is currently a USA Swimming Bronze Medal Club, an ASCA Top 100 Age Group Program, and has achieved a Level 3 Club Recognition. Our club has been recognized by USA Swimming’s Club Excellence program 15 of the past 16 years. We have approximately 110 swimmers, including State, Sectional, Junior National, National and Olympic Trials qualifiers, and a tremendous amount of young talent with huge potential. The team swims at two pools: a 50-meter indoor facility at Bishop State Community College, and a 25-yard outdoor facility at Mirror Lake Racquet Club. We strive to create a fun, safe, and encouraging competitive environment. The mission of CMSA is to provide a competitive swimming atmosphere in the greater Mobile area that services a broad range of ambitions. We offer a program that welcomes all abilities and encourages everyone to achieve his/her maximum potential as athletes and citizens. We want swimmers and parents to expect CMSA to provide an environment where excellence is expected, and pursuit of potential is the group goal.
The anticipated start date is August 2022.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Overall development, planning, organizing, and implementation of all CMSA swimming programs.
- Coordinates all swim team practices, programs and meet scheduling.
- Coordinates effective registration procedures, accurate fee collections, maintain rosters.
- Oversees meet entry procedures and entry preparation. Maximizes pool usage effectively for practices and meets.
- Works with site management to provide for pool use, maintenance and management.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, reviews, schedules swim coaching staff and volunteers.
- Cultivates a team approach and works harmoniously with staff of all levels.
- Schedules and supervises local and team travel swim meets.
- Orders and maintains inventory of necessary program equipment, materials and supplies. Assists in maintaining timing equipment and with set up and breakdown activities.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with all staff, parents, and community through newsletters, website, appearances, team handbook, etc.
- Develops and administers a program budget, establishes fees, assists in fund raising activities, recruits new members, develops programs and secures facility for program usage.
- Implements and evaluates programs to achieve effectiveness and profitability.
- Works with Board of Directors to craft a Team Vision and long-range planning.
- Attends all Board of Directors meetings; prepares a written Coach’s Report; and sits on the nominating committee.
- Maintains regular office hours.
- Five years relevant experience – strongly prefer national caliber level experience with proven results such as directly coaching Junior National Qualifiers and Olympic Trials qualifiers.
- National certification of at least ASCA Level 4 or higher as a swimming coach preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (significant relevant experience may be substituted for this requirement).
- Strong core values that include integrity, hard work, patience and respect
- A passion for swimming and team excellence, exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Working knowledge of the following systems: Team Unify, Meet Manager, Colorado Timing, etc.
The ideal candidate should be energetic, supportive, and enthusiastic. We are looking for a Head Coach who has a passion to coach and teach our swimmers. You should be interested in our members’ character and athletic development. If you are encouraging, motivating, and cheering our swimmers to perform at their highest level on and off the pool deck, then you are who we are looking for.
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience and expertise.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected]