Applications due 09/10/17
Circle City Aquatics, (www.circlecityaquatics.com) of Corona, California (USA) is seeking a dynamic, motivated, and skilled Head Coach for its year-round competitive swim program.
We are seeking an ASCA level 4 or higher Head Coach for our competitive swim club, but may consider the right candidate with a lower ranking. CCAQ is a competitive swim team with an 18-year history. The team has swimmers from beginning level age group athletes to AAAA and NCSA qualifiers. Our alumni have gone on to swim and study at top ranked universities up and down the west coast. The team trains at three locations in the Corona area: Santiago High School (25-yard, 6-lane pool), Centennial High School (25 yard, 8-lane pool), and Roosevelt High School (50m, 8-lane pool in neighboring Eastvale). CCAQ is a nonprofit 501c3 organization under the direction of a parent volunteer Board of Directors, elected annually by the membership, and the Head Coach.
CCAQ currently has approximately 280 swimmers, has completed USA Swimming’s Level 2 for Club Recognition and is well on its way to Level 3 status. The Head Coach will oversee a staff of 8 Assistant Coaches at those three pools as well as CCAQ’s water polo program and lesson program.
About Corona/Eastvale Area:
Located in the heart of the Inland Empire, the City of Corona is located approximately 45 miles southeast of Los Angeles in western Riverside County. The City limits encompass 39.2 square miles and the population is over 160,000. A city whose heritage spans more than a century, Corona has emerged as an ethnically diverse community, where a significant percentage of the population is made up of young, well-educated families. The city of Eastvale is a neighboring city to Corona with a population of just over 60,000 and growing. Its residents carried a Corona address until it became officially incorporated as its own city in October of 2010. Eastvale is extremely affluent with a median household income of $110,000.
The individual selected for this full-time position needs to be experienced in the day-to-day operation of a larger swim club, self-motivated and organized including:
- Responsible for the day-to-day direction, hands-on guidance, and involvement in all aspects of the swim program, including, but not limited to, exceptional communication skills with parents, swimmers, Board Members and coaching staff.
- Be a member in good standing in USA swimming.
- Be involved in setting Club policy, developing and implementing an overall vision and progression for the Club.
- Be instrumental in developing policies to benefit the overall welfare and development of the Club.
- Must execute Club policy as it pertains to the events, administrative functions assigned or structural make-up of the Club.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Experience in developing swimmers from entry level age group swimmers to Junior National/U.S. Trials
- ASCA Level 3-4 Certification, skills equivalent
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all background checks and certifications
- Proficient computer skills (Team Unify, Team Manager, Meet Manager, Office)
- Basic financial skill set (P&L statements, budget process)
- Experience in mentoring/developing subordinate coaches
1) Active involvement in the recruitment, development and progression of swimmers at all levels of our program.
2) Primary coach for Senior level group.
3) Determine the assignment of swimmers to training groups, to include assessments and approval of swimmer advancements.
4) Design and oversee the implementation of the seasonal training plans for all groups.
5) Develop and/or ensure workouts are appropriate for the age group, including dryland training and regular stroke/technique clinics.
6) Develop long-term team/group goals and swim programs to meet these goals including seasonal and weekly training programs.
7) Work with swimmers to determine appropriate individual goals and develop tailored training to meet these goals.
8) Foster team spirit by exhibiting and maintaining a positive attitude and team building.
9) Endorse CCAQ’s focus on helping kids learn skills such as discipline, goal setting, time management and healthy habits that will benefit them throughout life.
- Develop season meet schedule (SCY and LCM).
- Ensure all swim meets have adequate coaching coverage for all swimmers participating.
- Prepare meet entries in accordance with meet calendar and entry procedure for each meet.
- In the event of a travel meet, Head Coach will work with the assigned group coach to create the itinerary and select transportation and lodging within the Board established budget/policy guidelines.
- Assist in planning the team travel budget, as needed.
- Attend all monthly Board of Director Meetings.
- Lead monthly meetings with coaches to ensure they are meeting coaching goals and standards established by the Head Coach.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner, including but not limited to, attendance, job reviews, and monthly coach’s report to the Board; presently in the form of a consent agenda.
- Complete and file all forms required by the Inland Empire LSC and USA Swimming including swimmer, non-athlete and team registration.
- Manage and submit team entries for all meets.
- Maintain current coach’s credentials as required by USA Swimming.
- Along with the Board of Directors, work with local school district to ensure consistent swim schedule and pool/facility availability.
- Communicate to the Board of Directors any issues concerning schedules, facilities or contracts.
- Actively support team fundraising activities.
- Assist the Board of Directors with the development and implementation of the annual budget, propose annual items to be considered for the budget and conduct Club activities in accordance with the parameters of the budget.
- Represent CCAQ through active involvement in the Southern California LSC.
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling the continuing education for the Head and Assistant Coaches.
- Will conduct him/herself in a professional manner always and in accordance with team and USA Swimming Code of Conduct
- Recruit and retain coaching staff within budget determined by the Board; termination requiring Board review.
- Develop training plan for all coaches, including the development of goals, evaluations and monthly staff meetings.
- Ensure Assistant Coaches are fulfilling their responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate effectively to team members with weekly emails/newsletter/website
- Maintain weekly working hours off the deck/outside of the pool
- Be exceptional in the application of positive, consistent and effective motivation strategies when working with swimmers, parents, and coaching staff in relation to all aspects of the program.
The team will be offering a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications. The anticipated salary range for the head coach will be starting at $50,000 to $55,000 depending upon the skill set and qualifications of the candidate. The final salary amount, bonus incentives, and any other financial support are yet to be determined.
To apply, interested candidates should send coaching philosophy, resume including job qualifications or accomplishments and introduction letter electronically to Kenny Torres at [email protected]
Application materials must be submitted ASAP.
How to Apply
Email Kenny Torres at: [email protected]
PO Box 77183