Date posted: April 8, 2020
Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
*************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED***********
Annapolis Swim Club is looking for a salaried, full time head coach to lead the club to the next level.
Annapolis Swim Club (ASC) is a Board of Directors governed, year round swim club based in Annapolis MD. Annapolis Swim Club has 170+ swimmers divided into 10 practice groups across 2 pools operated by Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks. ASC is a USA Swimming Club Level 3 Recognition organization with Safe Sport recognition. ASC is looking for a coach with a willingness to help swimmer be the best they can be in and out of the pool while fostering a love for the sport of swimming.
- Oversee the ASC competitive swim program- which includes but is not limited to planning of yearly, seasonal, and daily training goals for swimmers and the club.
- Build teamwork, ideals and swimmer experiences needed to create healthy club enthusiasm and a competitive spirit with other clubs in the region.
- Manage a safe environment for swimmers and families of all ages and abilities.
- Set team meet schedules for the SCY and LCM seasons and assist in organizing home meets including what swimmers and coaches should attend which meets.
- Communication with swimmers, families, assistant coaches and board members in person and through Team Unify.
- Attend all local and travel meets as needed and schedule sufficient coaching resources for meet coverage and practice coverage.
- Attend monthly board meetings, provide a monthly coach’s report, conduct staff meetings, and execute staff reviews and swimmer evaluations.
- Effectively supervise, mentor and delegate responsibilities to the staff of assistant coaches which will include oversight, hiring, discipline, termination and training of coaches.
- Compensation of coaching staff within budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining all coaching certifications
- LSC Representative
- Adhere to all USA Swimming policies, rules and regulations.
- Recruit, retain, and grow the team.
- Experience as a head coach or head age-group coach at a USA Swimming certified swim club
- Demonstrated history of successfully developing competitive, high-performance swimmers and successfully progressing them from an age group program to the national level
- Knowledgeable in and able to communicate current and proper stroke technique and development, dryland conditioning programs and taper strategies for all swimmers from age group through senior swimmers
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to motivate swimmers of all abilities to achieve their full potential
- Able to manage and mentor staff of assistant coaches, ensuring implementation of team philosophy and goals
- Ability to communicate with parents and board members, and create and follow a sustainable budget
- ASCA Level 4 preferred
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current with all background checks and required certifications
- Familiarity with Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and other swimming social media and software programs.
Salary & Benefits: Personal & Vacation benefits. Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority deadline May 1. Start date open – no later than August 2020.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter detailing experience and coaching philosophy, resume, and three professional references to:
Annapolis Swim Club
100 Cathedral Street, Suite 6
Annapolis, Maryland 21401