Applications due 07/01/17
The EMAC Head Coach will be responsible for creating and executing a strategic plan consistent with the mission of our club. We strive to foster and grow swimmers of every ability. EMAC is committed to providing a safe, healthy, competitive environment where swimmers are encouraged to set goals and work towards achieving them inside and outside the pool. We value our members, athletes, and coaching team that help our organization grow in USA Swimming and in the community.
EMAC seeks an energetic person with experience coaching at an elite level. The EMAC Head Coach will plan and conduct swim practices, including dryland training. Other responsibilities include setting the team meet schedule, hosting well-run meets, and creating an interactive environment in a competitive landscape that motivates swimmers to achieve and exceed their goals.
EMAC’s Head Coach will work efficiently within the annual budget, effectively communicate with EMAC members, be responsible for recruitment and retention, direct and inspire EMAC coaches and staff, and also collaborate with the local high school coaches. There is an opportunity to oversee the overall business operations, including our lesson program, summer facility, and pool management contracts.
- Work with The Board to implement and maintain The Club’s mission statement and goals
- Position reports to The Board and is accountable for monthly/quarterly reporting of status of initiatives, programs, athletic performance, and swimmers in program/waiting list
- Plan, schedule, and conduct workouts for competitive program consistent with Club’s long-term goals.
- Supervise Head Age Group Coach.
- Assist Head Age Group Coach in the supervision of all other coaches
- Assist Head Age Group coach in assigning swim meet coaching duties. Ensure travel code of conduct is followed during travel meets.
- Assist Head Age Group coach in administration of Waiting List
- Maintain membership in USA Swimming and maintain all required certifications.
- Act as a liaison between EMAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent MA Swimming meetings. Ensure coaching staff maintains USA coaching requirements/certifications
- Ensure all coaches abide by USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
- Communicate with the membership in regards to training schedules, meet schedules, meetings, website content.
- Ensure that accurate attendance records are taken by coaching staff
- Deal with parental and/or athlete issues face to face, by phone, or email as they arise and report any major issues to the Board as needed.
- Supervise Club website to ensure accuracy
- Communicate with East Penn School District administration to acquire permission and planning of hosted swim meets.
- Communicate monthly with EPSD admin as to the daily training schedule.
- Ensure that all meet results are uploaded and accurate in Team Unify
- Help Meet Director with annual paperwork dealing with meet bids.
- Coordinate all meet entries and assure that they are sent to meet hosts along with payments.
- Ensure that all rosters are up to date to ensure accurate billing each month.
- Ensure swimmers are registered and that meet fees are paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote EMAC and recruit new membership.
- Hold parent meetings each session to review important information pertaining to being a member of the club.
- Be available for members/Board members by having available time in the office.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
Potential additional responsibilities could include: Supervision of Office Manager, Supervision of Facility/Pool Manager, Supervision of Swim Lesson Coordinator, Oversee all business operations
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- 5-8 years experience coaching competitive swimming
- Current ASCA Membership, level 3+
- Demonstrates successful track record with senior level coaching and previous management experience
- Experience with Team Unify, Meet Manager, and OME software
How to Apply
Interested applicants should direct their letters of interest, resume, and 3-4 references to John Kline, Board President at [email protected]. Your letter of interest must include your years of coaching experience, vision for the future of EMAC, and salary requirements.