Applications due 06/30/23
Date posted: May 26, 2023
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Vancouver Pacific Swim Club (VPSC) is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Head Coach starting August 2023. The Vancouver Pacific Swim Club (VPSC) is a non-profit competitive swim club that serves the City of Vancouver and surrounding municipalities.
The Head Coach will need to meet the demands of a team ranging from beginners to National level athletes. The Head Coach will be responsible for coaching the Senior Elite group and for hiring, developing and supervising the coaching staff to ensure the club’s long term success. VPSC is looking for a technically skilled and dynamic coach who is: organized; able to communicate effectively with swimmers, staff, parents and Board of Directors; a strong leader; able to develop and implement long term plans; and committed to administrative and financial processes. The successful candidate will have a proven track record with elite performance and club/program development and management.
The responsibilities of the Head Coach will include, but not limited to, the following:
• Plan and oversee the implementation of a club development plan.
• Plan and oversee athlete development training plans for a variety of groups ranging from national / provincial level to our development swimmers.
• Coach the club’s senior swimmers in the Elite group.
• Travel with Elite groups to competition and training opportunities and attend regional/provincial/national/international swim meets as required.
• Hire, develop and supervise the coaching staff.
• Establish positive relationships with athletes and parents, including setting goals and expectations to create positive training and racing environments.
• Work closely with the Board of Directors to establish and maintain the club’s goals and objectives. Attend monthly Board meetings and submit a Head Coach report.
• In concert with the Board, assist in the development of an annual budget, and oversee the operation of the club within the budget.
• Work collaboratively with the Assistant Head Coach in the execution on their job.
• Work collaboratively with the Performance Development Coach in the execution of their job.
• Work closely with the Operations Manager on all finance, HR, and administrative operations of the club.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with the UBC Aquatic Centre, UBC Varsity, UBC High Performance Centre, St. George’s Senior School staff, City of Vancouver community pool staff as well as Swim BC staff.
• Participate in annual professional development activities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit the following:
• Cover letter including salary expectations.
• Resume including all coaching background and education.
• Three references who can speak to your experience, character, and skill sets. At least one reference must be able to comment on your performance within the last two years (Email address and phone number). References will not be contacted prior to discussion with the applicant.
• Proof of Coaching credentials.
• Potential candidates will be asked to provide a Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector Verification (PIC-VSV).
Deadline for Applications will be June 30, 2023. All applications are to be forwarded to Lynda McCue, Board President at [email protected] All applications will be held in confidence. All applicants will be contacted regardless of selection. Interviews may be conducted online or in person.
VPSC reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by the applicant.