Applications due 07/31/23
Date posted: March 21, 2023
Location: 6942 Farm to Market 1960 Road East, Houston, TX, USA
Head (Jr & Sr Programs) Salary based on experience, history,
(13-18 yrs. A swimmer & above) resume & recommendations
- ASCA Level III or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being in deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum of 10 yrs. coaching experience
- Passionate about swimming & working with kids
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from the board.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek – TM & MM.
- Responsible management of team funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Jr & Sr group program swimmers (ages 13-18 – A swimmers & above) to be ready to compete at the State, Sectional, National & Collegiate levels
- Develop and maintain season and quadrennial plans for the Sr Group that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Responsible for attending important Gulf Meetings such as House of Delegates, Board of Directors and Technical Planning meetings and sharing the information on how it impacts ESA.
- Schedule pool time, practices & meets
- Set the next month’s pool rental schedule with the school district liaison by the 15th of each month
- Set up long course pool time during the summer months
- Hire, train, and maintain staff
- Develop contracts for staff
- Responsible for strategic planning such as managing group size, staffing, and determining whether changes need to be implemented for the best of ESA.
- Invoice meet entry fees monthly on Team Unify
- Maintain Team records
- Help maintain ESA equipment
- Send a weekly email with a schedule and events to the senior group.
- Send a monthly newsletter to the team with a schedule and events.
- Assist & Mentor Head Age Group Coach as needed.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Attend daily practice Monday – Saturday for Jr & Sr groups, as well as attend meets as scheduled/needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Teaching/training groups of swimmers between the ages of 13-18 (A swimmers & High school aged athletes).
- Give instruction and feedback on training & technique
- Communicate with parents and swimmers; meet information, results, and feedback.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Staffing and staff schedules
- Meet entries
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Team/organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Plan & Manage Senior Travel trips
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and reporting the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with Staff (and ownership).
- Vacation upon request (two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during our Thanksgiving or Holiday Break).
How to Apply
Send Resume and 2-3 letters of recommendation to:
Patrick Henry – [email protected] (817)905-7665
cc David Pink – [email protected]
6942 Farm to Market 1960, #260
Humble, TX 77436