Applications due 09/30/16
Swim Torrance is currently accepting resumes for the Head Age Group Coach position. Our team is a year-round club swim team located in the very competitive LSC of Southern California. We seek a person who is committed to providing focused and dedicated coaching to equipping young athletes with the work ethic and skills needed to become champions in and out of the pool.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- Be USA Swimming Certified and in good standing
- Be ASCA certified, Level 2, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year College or University.
- Minimum 3 years of Age Group (12 & under) coaching experience
- Capable of developing and working with swimmers on proper stroke technique, initial strength conditioning and goal setting
- Knowledgeable with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage administrative duties
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills
- Experience using video and video editing software helpful
- Work with the Head Coach to oversee the training of all Age Group swimmers
- Cultivate a culture of fun, interactive and highly competitive atmosphere that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations.
- Ability to interface with parents
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching, the sport of swimming and continuing their education
Salary and Benefits commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Applicants interested in applying should send their resume and cover letter to Head Coach Julio Zarate at SwimTorranceHC@gmail.com
21515 Hawthorne Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503