Date posted: March 27, 2023
Location: 9300 Blairwood Road, Hurstbourne, KY, USA
The Head Age Group Coach/Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach at he Genesis Health Club of Blairwood. – TRITON Swimming. It is expected the HAG will be charge of the Age Group program and need to be collaborative with the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach.
- ASCA Level II or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. coaching experience preferred
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & development of younger/newer athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from the Director of Competitive Swimming and the Head Coach.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14) to be ready to compete/practice at the Sr Levels.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for the Age Group Program that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Head coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show an ability to work with and communicate well with all age groups, parents, and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Aiding head coach with setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with team/organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for age groups swimmers
- Aid in the management of age group travel.
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and report the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with age group coaches
- Vacation – two weeks in August and one in March built in as well as one during either Thanksgiving or Holiday Break (concurrent with school breaks), or upon request and approval.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume & at least three (3) references to:
[email protected] – Director of Competitive Swimming
TRITON Swimming/The Genesis Health Club @ Blairwood
9300 Blairwood Road
Louisville, KY 40222
9300 Blairwood Road