Date posted: January 4, 2023
Location: West Nyack, NY, USA
The Condors Swim Club is seeking a qualified individual to serve as our Head Age Group Swim Coach for our Rockland County location. Condors Swimming is a year-round USA swim team operating with over 40 years of success. The Condors have produced SC World Champion Emily Escobedo, Olympic Trials Finalists, a Long Course Junior National Champion and swimmers ranked in the top 10 individually in its recent history. We have approx. 300 swimmers and the Rockland Site operates out of Felix Festa Middle School in West Nyack, NY, and Rockland Community College in Suffern, NY. The Condors compete in the Metropolitan LSC.
- 5+ years of coaching experience at the club or collegiate level with an interest and passion for developing age group swimmers.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming and current on all certifications.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment screening and background check
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity.
- Extensive background in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, and understanding of USA Swimming rules and regulations.
- Experience teaching dryland and functional movements in a progressive manner for age group level swimmers
- Experience using TeamUnify, Team Manager, Excel, or Google Workspace apps.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- History of working with parents as part of the swimmer’s development and developing a parent education curriculum
- Track record of fostering a culture of team unity among swimmers, parents, and staff.
- Current authorization to work in the United States is required.
- Serve as lead coach for the Gold and Gold Elite training groups.
- Assist and observe other training groups as necessary.
- This position reports to the Head Coach
- Develop seasonal and practice plans for the Gold and Gold Elite groups.
- Attend all assigned meet sessions and team events.
- Train, develop, and mentor Assistant Coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth.
- Develop and implement dryland programs for Age Group Athletes
- Work with the Head Coach to create full-season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, and training progression for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches.
- Assist the Head Coach with staff scheduling and practice coverage as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality.
- Assist the Head Coach in developing and implementing growth, and marketing strategies and lead communication with new swimmer tryouts.
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all Condors Swimmers.
- Develop athlete psychology and motivation curriculum, and parent education opportunities.
- Assist in hosting 6-7 competitions per year which include set up and breakdown of the pool and timing system from an off-site location.
- Assist in the development of the meet schedule and pool permitting process for practices.
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
- Range of $50,000 – $70, 000 per year, commensurate with experience level
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
- Simple IRA w/ 3% match
Due to the sudden passing of one of our long-time coaches, this position is open to start immediately.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to our Team Administrator, Mary Fleckenstein – at [email protected]