Space City Aquatic Team has an immediate opening for a Full-Time Head Age Group Coach. This position requires both on deck coaching, administrative duties, and weekend swim meets (1-2/month). SCAT trains out of 3 different locations including two 50 Meter outdoor pools and an indoor 25 Yard pool. We are seeking an individual who is driven and motivated to build the program alongside the Head Coach/CEO.
Desired Qualifications for Age Group Coach:
- 2 + years coaching experience and/or competitive swimming experience at the club or collegiate level
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certifications (or able to obtain them prior to start date)
- Strong administrative, communication and organizational skills with swimmers and parents
- Desire and passion for developing swimmers of all ages
- Expertise with technique development and training
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player
- Understanding of various social media platforms for promoting team communication
- 1) Develop and implement a comprehensive, competitive program aimed at athletes age 14 and younger.
- 2) Plan and conduct 2-3 hours per day of on-deck coaching.
- 3) Communicate effectively with parents, swimmers, and other coaches (email, phone, face to face).
- 4) Coordinate and develop group goals and curriculum.
- 5) Maintain up-to-date performance reports on age group athletes.
- 6) Coordinate online meet entries (Team Unify) for all age group meets.
- 7) Attend all scheduled swim meets, meetings, and team functions as required.
- 8) Assist Head Coach with planning seasonal practice and meet schedules.
- 9) Assist with team tryouts and swimmer assessments for group placement.
- 10) Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience and education
- Paid Vacation
- Reimbursement for professional development
How to Apply
Email resume, cover letter and references to [email protected]