Applications due 11/01/17
Highland Park Aquatics Club (HPAC) Full Time Head Age Group Coach
HPAC in Highland Park, IL is looking for an experienced coach to lead our Age Group program and develop our 12&Under swimmers. HPAC trains 160 swimmers in a brand new 15 lane pool at Highland Park High School. We currently have 2 Central Zones qualifiers, 2 Illinois Age Group Champs finalists and several Illinois Age Group Championship qualifiers.
At HPAC we believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. This position reports directly to the HPAC Head Coach.
Position begins immediately and is open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Age Group program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and assist with all HPAC hosted meets
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on-deck coaching and 15-20 hours of administrative work
- Administrative work will be determined by the HPAC Head Coach
- Maintain set office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs while also supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Strong communication as well as administrative and organizational skills
- A natural enthusiasm for working with kids and an interest in progressing as a coach and professional
- Experience with workout and dryland training
- Ability to tailor training to each individual’s needs
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred) .
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For additional information please visit: www.hpacswimclub.org
How to Apply
Send resume with at least three references along with salary requirements to Jory Blauer at [email protected]
Jory Blauer at [email protected]
433 Vine Ave, Highland Park, IL 60035