Applications due 09/10/17
The Ashburn Village BLUE WAVE Swim Team located in Ashburn, Virginia, is seeking a Full Time Head Age-Group Coach. Candidate must have at least 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level. This position has a direct report to the Head coach and must be a team player. The position is salaried and includes health benefits as well as retirement options.
Candidates will be expected to lead their squads within the BLUE WAVE philosophy, foster a true TEAM environment, and work as a TEAM of coaches to help BLUE WAVE and each and every swimmer reach their potential in and out of the water.
New season begins Aug 28th and the hope would be to have someone join as soon as possible from that point.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Overseeing BWST’s age-group program, planning and conducting swim practices in accordance with the BLUE WAVE philosophy.
- Supervising and mentoring assistant coaches.
- Attending scheduled USA swim meets, as well as assist with BWST hosted meets, eventually as Meet Director.
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on deck coaching per week and 15-20 hours of administrative work during which time office hours will be maintained.
- Communicating with parents
- Participating in staff projects, planning & supporting team activities.
Ideal applicant has:
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and personal experience in competitive swimming.
- Demonstrates both strong communication (orally and in writing) and administrative and organizational skills.
- Experience with swimmers of all ages, interest in teaching at every level, and willingness to learn, experiment, and evolve
- Working knowledge of Team Unify systems and Hy-Tek systems required along with proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Current certifications including CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming Coaching requirements.
Salary – Individually discussed but very competitive salary.
How to Apply
Ashburn Village is an EOE. Send resume with at least three references along with salary requirements to Head Coach Mike Kraeuter at [email protected].
For additional team information please visit www.pvbluewave.com