Applications due 07/31/22
Date posted: July 11, 2022
Location: 6942 Farm to Market 1960 Road East, Humble, TX, USA
Head Age Group (5-14 yr olds) Competitive Salary
Mainly Age Group 3 & Jr Prep groups commensurate with experience
(9-12/14-year-olds – A swimmers & above)
ESA is a coach run program with approximately 250 swimmers, and is located in Atascocita/Humble, Texas (Northeast Houston). We have an outstanding age group team which ranked #40 in ASCA’s 2022 Top 100 Age Group Programs, and boasts 7 athletes ranking top 20 nationally. ESA’s age groupers placed 7th at our state short course age group championships (TAGS) this past spring. Competitive salary (commensurate experience), great community, supportive parents, and a coach-run club. Check out our Age Group results on MM (search 2022 Short Course TAGS). ESA trains out of Atascocita High School and Summer Creek High School, both in Humble ISD.
- ASCA Level III or above.
- Must have (or obtain prior to being on deck) certifications in Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, as well as Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC).
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Minimum 3-5 yrs. coaching experience preferred
- Passionate about swimming & teaching & developing age-group athletes.
- Knowledge of competitive swimming and all swimming strokes (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate:
- leadership skills,
- Decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization),
- Timely & professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers,
- & be willing to follow directives from the Head Coach & board.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Ability to work with and maintain professional relationships with staff & high school coaches.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek.
- Responsible management of team funds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing our Age Group program swimmers (ages 5-14) to be ready to compete at the Jr & Sr Levels.
- Develop and maintain a season plan for the Age Group Program that shows increased knowledge of the progression of our age group program and develops innovative techniques that show success and improvement. (This includes yardage and technique goals as well as how the group is being differentiated).
- Responsible for writing a monthly report on the prior month’s success, needs for improvement, and goals for the next month.
- Work collaboratively with the head coach to develop and follow through on program goals to enhance a club that is consistently trying to meet its mission/vision while always trying to innovate.
- Assist Head coach as needed.
- Supervise swimmers in the pool area at all times.
- Responsible for helping maintain a safe atmosphere by adhering to all USA swimming rules and regulations and providing positive and constructive feedback to our swimmers and parents.
- Must show an ability to work with and communicate well with all age group parents and athletes.
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe, and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants
- Provide a safe, clean, and organized pool area
- In charge of:
- Aiding head coach with setting calendar – practice & meet schedules
- Aiding head coach with staffing and staff schedules
- Staff mentoring & development (including professional development)
- Aiding head coach with team/organization planning & development (including help starting & staffing a learn to swim program)
- Meet entries for age groups swimmers
- Aid in the management of age group travel.
- Maintain team practice and master calendars and report the monthly calendar to our school district (rental) liaison.
- Run monthly meetings with age group coaches
- Vacation – two weeks in August and one in March built-in as well as one during either Thanksgiving or Holiday Break (concurrent with school breaks), or upon request and approval.
How to Apply
Send letter of interest, resume, and at least two (2) letters of recommendation to both:
[email protected] (president/coach) &
[email protected] (Head Coach)
6942 FM 1960 Rd E, #260
Atascocita, TX 77346