Date posted: January 10, 2022
Location: Rocklin, CA, USA
The Rocklin Swim Team (RST) is looking for a full time Head Age Group Coach who will work with our USA and summer league swimmers. We are seeking an experienced swim professional who is inspired by our mission and enthusiastic about working with a growing program. We are dedicated to the wholesome development of the aquatics skills for every swimmer that is appropriate to their level of experience and ability. Please visit rocklinswimteam.org to learn more with our organization chart and email resume to [email protected] Compensation commensurate with work experience.
Our History: The Rocklin Swim Team is a non-profit organization that exists for the sole purpose of sponsoring youth swimming activities in the City of Rocklin and surrounding areas. Our organization started in 1995 as a small recreational swim team and grew to encompass all facets of aquatics. We offer a full spectrum of aquatics programs with over 500 swimmers operating at two high school pools in Rocklin, CA. Our programs include:
- USA year-round swim team
- Summer league competitive swim team
- Pre-competitive summer swim team
- Spring and Summer Swim Lessons including Adaptive Swim Lessons
- Fall, Winter and Spring Clinics to extend the season for our summer swim teams
- Responsible for season planning including work out log and coaching on pool deck for age group swim groups from our USA and summer league teams.
- Manage our Rec team and year round clinics
- Meet Director
- Maintains control of swim practice with appropriate swimmer direction and discipline.
- Run age appropriate dryland workouts 2-3 times per week as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and a leader to assistant coaches.
- Aligned with coach staff on the criteria for moving from swim group to swim group.
- Attends coach meetings, team building events, and Board meetings as requested.
- Be knowledgeable to communicate RST and LSC policy and procedures.
- Communicates professionally to families about practice and disburses meet information (schedule, entry, check-in and warmup times, meet results) and answer parent inquiries and emails in a timely manner.
- At swim meets, observe the races and speaks with swimmers before and after swim events.
- Possession of USA Coach Certification
- Familiarity with Team Unify
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and experience
- Experience as a collegiate swimmer a plus
- History of success coaching swimmers with different range of athletic ability
- Self-directed with organizational, planning and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
How to Apply
Email resume to Chris Stehula at [email protected]