*******THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED****************
The Upper Valley Aquatic Club located in White River Junction, Vermont, is currently accepting resumes for the Head Age Group Coach position.
Qualified applicants should have the following:
- USA Swimming Certified in good standing
- ASCA certified, Level 2, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Four-Year College or University preferred.
- 3-5 years of swim club coaching experience preferred with emphasis to Age Group (12 & under) coaching experience, including 2 plus years as a lead coach preferred.
- Capable of developing and working with swimmers on proper stroke technique, introductory strength conditioning and goal setting
- Knowledgeable with Team Unify and HY-TEK as well as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage administrative duties
- Strong oral, interpersonal, public speaking and written communication skills
Responsibilities: Attend and coach all Age Group (12 and under) practices and all scheduled swimming meets including championship meets as directed by the Head Coach. Oversee the age group program at our three locations. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Head Coach to oversee the training of all Age Group swimmers.
- Cultivate a culture of fun, interactive and highly competitive atmosphere that motivates swimmers to attain and surpass their goals and expectations
- Ability to interface with parents
- Demonstrate a commitment to coaching the sport of swimming and continuing their professional education.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Considerable supplemental income is available through private, semi-private, and group lessons.
About Upper Valley Aquatic Club
We are a Bronze Medal / Level 1 USA Swim team with 170 plus swimmers. UVAC was formed in 2010 and in 6 years has had 2 Olympic Trial Qualifiers, 4 National Qualifiers, 1 National Junior Team member, 50 plus Sectional Qualifiers, Bronze medalist at the 2015 World Junior Championship in Singapore. Two time Junior National Champion. Finalist at the 2016 Olympic Trials. Multiple top 20 overall team finishes at the New England Senior and Age Group level.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with cover letter and references to: [email protected]