Gators Swim Club is a youth serving, non-profit (501 c3), year-round competitive swim team with a rich history in serving Orange County residents. Our swimmer base consists of swimmers ages 5 – 18 (in general), from novice to Junior National skill level. Gators Swim Club currently has over 300 registered year-round swimmers with another 100 non-competitive Intro to Gators waiting in the wings. Much of the Gators Swim Club talent comes from its feeder program, Evolution Swim Academy. The Gators Swim Club participates in the very competitive Southern California Swimming LSC and practice at three locations: Avendale Clubhouse Pool in Ladera Ranch (8-lane 25-yard pool), Nellie Gail Ranch Tennis & Swim Club in Laguna Hills (7-lane 25-meter pool and Santa Margarita Catholic High School in Rancho Santa Margarita (50-meter by 25-yard pool).
- Minimum 3 years prior coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach
- Must be current on all USA Swimming coach membership requirements
- Must be in good standing with all USA Swimming safety and background check requirements
- Support, develop and show measurable success at coaching groups 5A & 5B at Ladera Ranch (please visit website for more group information – www.gatorsswimclub.com) and work in cooperation with the team director to identify direction and objective for each group.
- Coaching responsibilities will start at 4:00 pm and end at 7:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Develop a season plan inclusive of swim meets, team building activities, parent communication and milestones that you expect to achieve for each group.
- Complete swim meet entries in a timely manner taking into consideration the individual needs of each swimmer entered in the meet.
- Attend swim meets that include the participation of swimmers that you coach.
- Coordinate goal meetings with each swimmer and align coach/swimmer goals for the season.
- Attend monthly coach’s meetings and share best practices.
- Attend monthly committee meetings when requested to do so.
- Develop and maintain a dryland program that includes age-appropriate activities that will help in each swimmer’s core strength development.
- Attend and support team activities that may be outside of the coaching realm.
- Take attendance at each practice.
- Communicate effectively with the administrative staff, parents and swimmers
- Communicate any time-off that does not fall within the vacation time description in the benefits section.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience ($16.00-22.50/hour)
- Generous swim meet stipend
- Medical benefits*
- 2-week vacation built in to coordinate with end of season
- Personal time-off allowance
- Continuing education opportunities
*Medical benefits active after 90-day probation period concludes
We are currently interviewing for this position and it will remain open until October 2017 or until the position has been filled.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 references and a brief description of your coaching philosophy to Team Director Felipe Delgado at [email protected]