Location: 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame, CA, USA
Full-Time Lead Coach and Multiple Group Assistant
Under the supervision of the Head Coach (HC), the Lead Age Group Coach (LAGC) is responsible for developing, organizing, and implementing a high quality training and education program to meet the needs of the assigned groups of the BAC Age Group Swim Team. Our goal is for our team to grow in quantity and quality as a competitive swim team within the Zone 1 North of Pacific Swimming and USA Swimming. The LAGC is the primary point of contact for the swimmers and parents in his/her assigned groups, and must ensure that a professional level program is offered at all times.
In addition to serving as the LEAD of the assigned groups, the LAGC will also perform the duties of an assistant coach to multiple groups.
The LAGC will also carry out administrative duties as assigned by the HC.
The LAGC will be the LEAD on:
- Maintaining a season plan for all group(s) coached. This includes when to alter practice schedule to optimize training, social events, incentive programs, etc.
- Communicating with all group(s) coached. This will include a weekly email as well as any additional support emails that must be addressed over the course of the week.
- Managing assigned pool space (lane set-up, covers). Please allow 15 minutes on the pool deck immediately before a scheduled practice and 15 minutes immediately following to assess your pool situation and to answer parent/swimmer questions.
- Educating swimmers and parents on team culture and competitive swimming etiquette.
- Maintaining good standing as a coach member of USA Swimming
The HC will require support from the LAGC on the following:
- Attend meets as assigned by HC
- Fundraising efforts. This could be organizing a fundraiser with a local restaurant, our annual Lap-A-Thon, Silent Auction, etc.
- Technique Clinics
- Maintaining a proper work schedule under federal, state, and BAC employment guidelines
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned by the HC
The LAGC is responsible for:
- The contents of the BAC Employee Handbook
- Logging daily attendance for swim group(s)
- Ensuring the safety of swimmers (staying with swimmers if we are closing)
- Logging hours daily in ADP app
- Attend weekly staff meetings
Hours and Location:
Hours for this position include approximately 22-25 hours of practice time per week as agreed to with the Coach, all at the Burlingame Aquatic Center or satellite pool locations, plus additional time spent preparing the facility for practices, meeting with coworkers, and responding to member inquiries. Some administrative work must be done on site at the aquatic facility, in addition to staff meetings. Practice hours include morning practice sessions, early afternoon practice sessions as well as the possibility of evening practice sessions. A typical month will also include 1-2 weekend swim meets/competitions (An additional 8-10 hours each of these meet weekends).
An additional 5-8 hours per week will be assigned by the HC to perform team-management related tasks.
The LAGC must have a strong background in the sport of swimming (USA Swimming and/or collegiate swimming background preferred) and have the ability to effectively teach swimming to a wide range of athletes. He/she must be able to provide creative swim workouts that incorporate the technical needs of all swimmers, and also have a very positive on-deck demeanor. The LAGC must have professional communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with participants about any program changes or special events. The LAGC must be reliable, punctual, and approachable, and must be dedicated to sustaining a strong program that values all levels of swimmers. He/she must be able to cooperate with all BAC staff members in an effort to support the overall mission of the club.
The LAGC must hold a current nationally recognized Training Certification in CPR, First Aid, and Water Safety for Swim Coaches and is responsible for keeping those certifications current. American Red Cross Lifeguard certification is required within 3 months. Current coaching membership in USA Swimming is also required. BAC does reimburse for the cost of certification/membership upkeep.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Head Coach Ben Chung [email protected]
Applications will be reviewed as they are received with the intent to fill the position by January 1, 2020.