Applications due 03/28/23
Date posted: March 13, 2023
Location: 6501 Antioch Rd, Merriam, KS, USA
POSITION: The Kansas City Blazers, located in Johnson County, Kansas is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Full Time Senior Coach. This position reports directly to the Head Coach. A successful applicant would lead the Senior Group and assist the Head Coach with the National Group.
PHILOSOPHY: To inspire and encourage individuals to develop into their full potential both in and out of the water.
The Kansas City Blazers are committed to excellence and dedicated to developing individuals and community in a supportive and nurturing environment.
As such, the program provides the following:
- An educationally sound and ethical program
- The highest quality coaching
- Create and maintain A productive and enjoyable swimming environment and community
- Recognition of each individual’s value to the Blazer program
- Teach and develop life skills through our swimming program
- Opportunities for swimmers to grow and to succeed to their highest level
- Advancement of the sport of swimming
Assists in hiring, training, and supervising assistant coaches, ensuring all programs are implemented in a safe and effective fashion.
Sets detailed practice schedules, arranging aquatic facility rentals as needed.
Sets a detailed development plan for athletes, ensuring appropriate assistant coaches adhere to and implement the plan to ensure athlete development within club pathways.
Is responsible for ensuring adherence to USA Swimming Safe Sport guidelines.
Cultivates and maintains relationships with athlete parents, community organizations, school districts, and other swim groups to ensure productive partnerships are formed and maintained at a level of excellence.
Assists in implementing public relations and communication plan to promote the value of the Blazers organization.
Responsible for designing and organizing clinics and special events.
Assists with all meet responsibilities.
Assists with travel plans for team travel.
Create a positive team oriented atmosphere where swimmers learn the values of courage and perseverance. All Blazers coaches are energetic and supporters of the sport of swimming and The Kansas City Blazers.
- Required – High School diploma
- Preferred – Bachelor’s degree in Recreation or related field.
Experience may be substituted for degree.
- Required – 2 years coaching experience.
- Required – 2 years aquatic programming.
- Required – Knowledge of stroke and turn mechanics.
Required Skills: Ability to create collaborative partnerships within the regional swimming community. Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to supervise and lead part-time staff to provide excellent customer service. Attention to detail in formulating practice schedules and development plans. Project management skills to assist overall membership and budget goals. Knowledge of swimming stroke and turning mechanics
How to Apply
Applicants should apply online at JCPRD and email your resume to [email protected]
6501 Antioch Rd Building C