Applications due 09/01/22
Date posted: August 4, 2022
Location: Deerfield, IL, USA
The COHO Swim Club is hiring a Head Senior Coach as of the fall 2022 season. This individual will have autonomy over the Senior Program, and work with the Head Coach in the daily operations of running the club. This is a great opportunity to be involved with establishing the identity and direction of the program.
Our main training facility is the 15-lane pool at Deerfield High School. We also have year-round access to the Deerfield High School weight room and the Sachs Recreation Center. In the summer, we also train at Deerspring, the park district’s 6-lane 50-meter outdoor pool.
- Oversee all aspects of the Senior Program
- Plan, prepare and conduct swimming and dryland workouts for Senior level swimmers
- Be an energetic, compassionate teacher and a strong motivator capable of molding successful swimmers in and out of the water
- Assist swimmers in developing and improving the technical and physical skills of competitive swimming, and aid them in achieving success, as it pertains to each individual
- Train and manage assistant coaches
- Travel to local and out-of-state meets
- Maintain active USA Swimming membership, including all courses and certifications
- Work directly with the COHO Head Coach to create a positive and inclusive team environment
- Perform additional administrative duties that pertain to the daily operations of the club
- Maintain quality communication with staff and participants, including publishing meet and practice calendars, expectations, and opportunities, communicating via emails, texts, phone calls, etc.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with swimmers, assistant coaches, and parents
- Attend monthly meetings as a voting member of the Parent Advisory Board
Prior experience coaching swimming and dryland in a USA Swimming program
Prior experience coaching swimmers ages 13 and over
Prior experience using Team Unify and Meet Manager
Able to work irregular hours, with some weeks in excess of 40-hours
Prior experience training and managing assistant coaches
Scheduling, pay and benefits
The Head Senior Coach is a full-time exempt position with irregular hours including evenings and weekends.
Salary range is $55K-$60K dependent upon qualifications and experience.
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, IMRF pension, paid time off, wellness incentive program, and free/discounted access to Park District facilities and programs.
How to Apply
Position is open until filled. Please apply early as recruiting and interviewing will begin immediately. The detailed job description will be provided during the interview process.
836 Jewett Park Drive
Deerfield, IL 60015