Applications due 08/14/16
This is a newly created position for a Full Time Age Group Coach (you will be working with swimmers ages 14 & under). You will be leading one practice group (September through mid-August) and will be assisting on one other practice group. Meet coaching will also be a part of this position as assigned. Hours will be kept under 40 per week and coaching hours will be adjusted in the week leading up to and after swim meets. This position will also require some teaching (group lessons, private lessons, or one-on-one stroke mechanic lessons) in our new swim school set to open this fall. Finally, some administrative work will be required, tailored to the coach’s skill set. This administrative work could include team travel administration, conducting parent education meetings, developing and executing team fundraising initiatives, data input, advertising and promotion via social media or clerical work.
1) Must be currently approved to work in the United States
2) Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
3) 3 years of USA Swimming coaching experience (or 5 years of other swim coaching experience)
4) Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
5) Strong communication and organization skills
6) Proven ability to work in a progressive coaching environment
7) An infectiously positive attitude
The ideal candidate will also possess the following abilities (but not required for application):
1) Knowledge of the Team Unify platform
2) Experience running USA Swimming meets and knowledge of Meet Manager (or TU TouchPad) software
3) Experience as a yoga instructor and/or SUP instructor
How to Apply
Interested parties should send an email Matthew Sprang ([email protected]) highlighting your enthusiasm for coaching age group swimming, your personal coaching experience, your personal swimming experience, and references (three professional and one personal).
PO Box 293; Sewell, NJ 08080