Applications due 08/11/18
Location: 2800 Quinbery Drive, Snellville, GA, USA
This is a position tailor-made for a young career coach – we are looking for a “coachable coach” full of enthusiasm for the sport, who is ready to learn and grow with our team. Our goal is to help you become the best possible coach you can be! You will get a high degree of ownership and authority over 2 training groups (one HS-aged, mostly freshmen and sophomores not yet ready for our Senior group; and our top 10&U training group); you will also coach alongside both our Head Coach and Head Age Group Coach, with plenty of opportunities to learn from them. Additionally, we value professional development and will cover expenses for career enrichment opportunities, including local and national coaching clinics, sabbaticals to learn from other teams, and/or additional classwork.
This is a full-time coaching position with benefits. The previous coach in this position has just accepted a Graduate Assistantship and will be working towards her MS while coaching a college team, which we were happy to prepare her for. You can find more information about the team on our website (www.gwinnettaquatics.com). We are an equal opportunity employer, but currently cannot sponsor candidates outside the US or without a work visa.
- Commitment to the pursuit of excellence
- Passion for learning and leading
- Competitive swimming experience (either coaching or as an athlete)
- BA or BS degree or equivalent
- CPR/First-Aid or ability to obtain those prior to employment
- USA-Swimming Coach Certification or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Coaching or teaching experience
- Background in Strength and Conditioning or related areas (gymnastics, PE)
- Daily promote, both by encouragement and by modeling, Gwinnett Aquatic’s moto of Pursuing Excellence Every Day
- Adherence to the team philosophy with regards to swimmers’ long-term development
- Help promote parent education
- Lead practices to 2 training groups, and assist with a third group (deck hours every weekday and Saturday)
- Coach at meets, including warm-up supervision (both general and specific), race strategy and feedback
- Oversee meet entries
- Represent Ga-Ga within the LSC, taking an interest in helping develop the sport’s governance
How to Apply
Again, this is an ideal position for a young career coach, with plenty of deck hours and limited additional “dry side” duties, with a club that prizes professional & personal development. Salary range will be $25-28k/year, depending on previous experience and background, plus medical insurance and retirement plan. There are plenty of opportunities for additional income via lessons, clinics, and local summer league teams. Interested candidates please submit an application letter and resume (including 3 references) to Lucas Ferreira at [email protected].
4806 Habersham Ridge SW