Applications due 09/15/19
Location: Naperville, IL, USA
FOX is a competitive club swim team serving approximately 500 swimmers ages six through college. FOX is recognized for swimmers competing at national and international events, including having US Olympic Trials qualifiers, Senior and Junior National swimmers, and age group champions.
FOX trains at two high school pools (Neuqua Valley and Waubonsie Valley) and hosts several meets each year.
FOX is a non-profit overseen by an elected board of directors. The head coach is supported by a team administrator, assistant coaches from development program through Elite Senior level, and parent volunteers.
Naperville is located 40 miles west of Chicago with approximately 148,000 residents and is recognized nationally and internationally as a top community in which to live.
- Lead our team’s mission to fully develop each individual’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training, while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long love for the sport of swimming
- Maintain and increase overall club participation, including participation at the highest levels of the sport. (i.e. Age Group Zone Championships, Futures, Junior Nationals, Nationals, Olympic Trials)
- Build relationships with local school districts and aquatic staffs and negotiate pool lease details
- Ensure full compliance with all USA Swimming policies
- Foster a culture of team unity and strength among parents, swimmers, and staff
- Act all times with integrity and as a positive representative of FOX to the membership and the community at large
- Create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Train, develop and mentor lead and assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
- Manage coach scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality
- Develop full season meet schedule ensuring high quality events with robust competition combines with exposure to a variety of teams and meet formats.
- Collaborate with FOX Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic planning, effective budgets, team support opportunities, fundraising, etc.
- Assist and mentor high school swimmers and parents in the college recruitment process
- Represent and attend all required meetings with representatives from the team, Illinois Swimming, USA Swimming, and other applicable entities. Attend Local Swim Committee (LSC) meetings and House of Delegates meetings.
- 7+ years coaching experience with a USA Swimming and/or college level team
- ASCA Level 5 or equivalent preferred, Level 4 will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Experience running Team Unify, Team Manager, and Meet Manager (preferred)
- Good collaborator with ability to delegate efficiently
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and at least three references. For consideration, please submit your materials no later than September 15, 2019. Interviews may commence with candidates prior to the submission deadline. All documents can be emailed to [email protected]. All submissions will be acknowledged.
PO Box 9135
phone: (708) 363-3633