Applications due 06/30/23
Date posted: June 8, 2023
Location: 56 Elliott Place, Rutherford, NJ, USA
Conducts group and private swim lessons in a safe and fun teaching environment. Teaches members ages 3-12 abilities appropriate skills according to the RSA swim lesson program. This is a part-time position with variable schedule and hours. Weekday group class are held Monday – Thursday, 3:30 – 5:15 PM. Weekend private classes are held Saturdays from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM and Sundays from 9:30 AM – 11:15 AM. Starting wage from $18 per hour.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct group and private swim lessons providing a safe, positive & motivating teaching environment. Instructs members of all ages and abilities appropriate skills according to the RSA swim lesson program.
- Attends swim instructional staff meetings and training as directed.
- Maintains regular open communication with the Aquatics Supervisor & Instructional Coordinators regarding issues directly related to the program.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Setting up and cleaning up of lesson equipment and changeover of pool configuration.
- Promotes member participation in aquatics department programs.
- Responds to emergencies, injuries and illness as they arise.
- Must have current CPR/AED, First-aid certifications, Lifeguard Cert
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and members.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Previous aquatics instructional experience highly preferred.
- We are also seeking instructors with special needs swim instruction experience
How to Apply
To apply please visit our website rutherfordswim.org/employment and complete the web based form
56 Elliott Place, Rutherford, NJ 07070